PDA

View Full Version : boobs again!! sorry!

bexy1970
24-04-08, 10:01
hi,
ive just read all the other threads on lumpy boobs and do feel betta. ive had a lump on top part of my right boob for bout 5 yrs, had nurse check it when first noticed it and she said nothing at all to worry about! i can move it about and its a bit sausagy shaped if u know what mean. and really changes with my cycle gets really big and sore so i do know its not cancer but my health anxiety wins every time, my dc gave me a proper breast examination last time i got really worried about it few months ago and said not worried at all and cos im quite slim i can notice it more, went horrendously big and sore when i was on the mini pill. hes been a dc for years so hed know wouldnt he? another dc had a feel to and said not concerned, id forgotton bout it till last week when was due on and whammy its there again, now im makin it sore by poking it, sorry 4 waffling but my family have heard enough bout it!! ne one else got similar? its moveabe and hardish/rubbery..on top quarter of boob xxbecca ps dont want to go 4 scan or nething cos id be a wreck!!:doh:

bexy1970
24-04-08, 10:41
oh dear, i think i moan to much lol x

anxious
24-04-08, 12:48
hiya,

sounds like breast tissue that goes through hormonal changes to me. I take evening primrose oil for breast tenderness and swear by it. I know where you are coming from because its one of my biggest fears :hugs: . But you have had it checked out and i am sure doctors know when something is normal or not.

love anx x

bexy1970
24-04-08, 21:47
thank you anx for replying, was beginning to think that people think im a moanin minnie!! lol gets me scared witless sometimes xx

minihaha
24-04-08, 22:32
bexy1970 - you have just described the shape of my own right boob to a T - lol xx

sorry if tmi - but my right boob is slightly larger than my left and is prone to changes in texture, thickening etc at various stages in my cycle. this has been the case since i was 18 or 19 and i am now nearing 36 - in my more anxious moments i home in on this and prod and poke about at it. I have not had it checked out at the docs bcos its been this way for 17 years now and it has never changed in any way - i try to think positively in that bcos of my prodding and poking i am breast aware if you like and will be fine tuned to any change in my body. I have also used evening primrose oil in the past and this did help to some extent with the hormonal changes and feelings xxxxxxxx

bexy1970
25-04-08, 08:53
thanks mini,
can you just tell me have you got a specific bump that changes? feel a lot betta now hun thank you!! i know after this long its nothing bad plus its been checked, and like you said been there a long time and changes monthly!! xxx

PUGLETMUM
25-04-08, 09:23
:) do you take any supplements for this? just asking becaus ei have always suffered breast tenderness, not as bad as yours but i do have to wear a bra for 2 weeks of the month! well i say do, as i started starflower about 2 months ago and i noticed a difference in the first month! they are 1000mg from bayer they cost 7.99 for 30 which is alot but i think well worth it, also ive started high strength omega 3 and 6, amd im hoping that by taking them all continually that should sort it out for the long term:yesyes:

bexy1970
25-04-08, 09:39
hi emma,
ive started a new pill, plus taking eve primrose oil and high stregnth omegas so fingers crossed xx

minihaha
25-04-08, 13:20
thanks mini,
can you just tell me have you got a specific bump that changes? feel a lot betta now hun thank you!! i know after this long its nothing bad plus its been checked, and like you said been there a long time and changes monthly!! xxx

not a specific bump as such bexy - its just a different feel altogether from the other one iygwim - i think its cos its bigger lol xx its difficult to explain sorry ....... all i know is its been there forever, as i say bout 17 years and never changed shape or size so i guess its just my uniqueness lol xx had it suddenly appeared overnight then i would of course have gotten it it checked out

Best wishes
x

PUGLETMUM
25-04-08, 15:49
:) hi bexy, think about starflower as an alternative to evening primrose - they are higher in GLA which is what helps with sore boobs:winks:

munchkin555
25-04-08, 22:25
hey honey
just posted a thread on my lumpy boob!
mine grew and then shrank and then buggered off after worrying the hell out of me!
dont worry if the doc says its nothing then it will b ok!
xxx

bexy1970
30-04-08, 09:11
thanks for all the replys, im still pokin around!! no wonder it gets sore!! lol just wish i knew if its a fibroid or at least a name for it rather than just nothing to worry about!! xx