PDA

View Full Version : What level of Seroxat are you on?

popsy
24-04-08, 10:07
Just wondered what the average level of seroxat people are taking? :shrug:
Thanks x

SueBee
24-04-08, 10:34
I'm taking 30mg. Just coming to the end of my first pack and coping much better but still getting my bad days........ how long til I start to feel "normal"??

popsy
24-04-08, 11:59
Hi Sue.
I take 40mg, as a lower dose didnt seem to be working for me, ive been on 40mg for 6 weeks. Some people say they feel better within about 3 - 4weeks but i havent found that. I still have 'bad' days when i cant cope but i dont think they are as quite as severe as before the medication (?) and i get 'good' days when i still have some anxiety but its defo an okay day! (if you get my jist!)
My doctor says that 10 weeks is the amount of time to decide whether a mediation is working for you, as by then it should be at its optimum strength ie. good days are definitely out weighing the bad. Hope this is some help, sorry i cant give you a defining answer, i wish someone could tell me!!!! :wacko:
Hang on in there, and keep logging on here, i have received great comfort from people here on my really bad days :) ! Hugs Charlie x x x :hugs:

Dawn2
13-07-08, 01:47
Hi I'm on 60mg it can take up 2 three months to see a posative result. Good luck

popsy
13-07-08, 10:23
Hi Dawn and all.
Since i last posted i am now on 60mg and it has definitely taken that amount to make me start feeling more normal again, 40mg just wasnt doing it for me. All in all it has taken 6 months for me to feel any benefit from the medication, so anyone out there who think its a quick fix it isnt always!!! :winks:
Am happily having much more good periods and less bad ones, the the good ones are now even better than before, and the bad ones usually shorter, apparently this is a classic pattern of recovery from severe anxiety.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

Charlie x x x :hugs:

dotroguz
31-07-08, 20:31
iI have been on Seroxat (40mg) for 10 years apart from a couple of months last year. whilst trying to come off the stuff I did nothing but either cry or want to kill everyone is this normal?

berkshiregirl
31-07-08, 20:58
i have just started taking it well about 9 weeks now am on 30mg and i am sure i need to up my dose, i know i a feeling a bit better just think i need a tad more help

MrBowels
02-01-09, 22:10
I'm taking 30mg. Just coming to the end of my first pack and coping much better but still getting my bad days........ how long til I start to feel "normal"??

I reckon you are never cured, you just get a lot less bad days....which is worth it

Rennie1989
05-01-09, 16:08
I started on the 2nd January (day 4 today) and I was put straight onto 20mg

EmmaJane
05-01-09, 16:33
Im on 20mg, been on then about 5 weeks, at the moment I dont feel they are doing much at all. Are these for anxiety or depression?

My mind is just so jumbled at the moment

no-fear
14-01-09, 21:21
I have actually stopped taking Seroxat now, have been off it for 5 days now.

The most I've ever been on for the 5 years i've been taking it is 20mg a day, but I was always able to quickly cut down to 10mg a day and then to 5mg a day (10mg every other day).

Ashley.

Insomniac
30-01-09, 17:39
I started on 10mg and went up to 20 mg then 30mg.

Now I'm back on 20mg and doing fine. I saw a counsellor for a few weeks and she said that they help you feel moer balanced (my words not hers - can't remember exactly), but they enabled me to think clearly enough to be able to learn and practice techiques to help me cope when I feel panicky and get back in control.

I'm trying to reduce the dose again now so I can come off them. but part of me now wondered whether I will be able to cope "on my own". Well, here goes! :shrug: :)

maybeoneday
13-07-09, 15:31
hi
ive been on seroxat for 10 years, i was fine on then , well apart from the firts 3 weeks then i felt brilliant for 5 years, then my thyroid went overactive then very underactive , which made me realy tired and couldnt go out now iam left with agoraphobia, i hardly ever go out maybe a quick trip up the school to take my son but this must be in a car.
i realy dont no what to do any more ive tried counciling, scared to up my meds cos of the bad side effects i had when i went on them first, but over the [pasrt few months i seem to be getting worse, not breathing properly , cant be bothered, i have even started to panick in my own home.
please help.

Mandylou
21-09-09, 12:17
Hi, I've just been put on 20mg and I'm feeling really tearful and down today. I want to write a new thread but this is only my second day on here and I'm struggling to find my way round. Can anyone tell me how to start a new thread??

fishman65
26-09-09, 13:12
Doc has just put me on it....starting with 20mg yesterday and is weaning me off citalopram.Far too early to say how it will affect me.

Fishy

fishman65
06-10-09, 16:08
My doctor upped my dose from 20 to 30mg four days ago.I've now been on the seroxat for a total of 12 days and have noticed a difference already,I haven't had any side effects whatsoever so I'm thinking this drug is well suited to me.Its difficult to describe but so far it seems to kind of block the anxiety?For example I can think frightening thoughts but that familiar 'whoosh' of anxiety in the chest just isn't taking off.Let's just hope it lasts.

Fishy

samii
23-10-09, 18:25
hi ive taken 30mg before for about 7 months they did not help at all felt like i was going mad.

Tricky
24-01-10, 04:35
I'm on 10mg and in a week will go up to 20mg!
This is the second time i've been on seroxat. Now i'm on them again i'm getting out more which is good and at times feel pretty happy!
Its not all good but this time i've gotta give them a fair go and hope some side effects improve in time.