PDA

View Full Version : Need Reasurrance Please

manmoor
24-04-08, 11:38
Hello lovely people :D For the past 2-3 weeks my health anxiety is sky high and this past week I'm really not coping well with my symptoms at all and cant seem to settle :weep: My symptoms are

Dizzyness
Pains in head mostly left hand side
Floating feeling
Pains in left leg and foot

These symptoms are present 24/7 and are really starting to worry me :weep: Usually my symptoms go away but these ones arent and I'm imagining all sorts I'm at the extent of planning my 2 childrens futures with me not in them it's so bad :lac: I've managed to get an appointment with my doctor on Monday morning but I just want some reasurrance from you lovely people until then please. xxxxx

Piglet
24-04-08, 11:44
Hi Mand,

None of that sounds serious mate but having made myself quite ridiculous over my wisdom tooth this last week I feel I know totally where you are coming from.:blush:

I think a deep breath and the words 'this is anxiety making me feel this way but I am doing the sensible thing by going to the doctor for reassurance and everytime I go over the top with my thoughts I am going to tell myself to stop because I know negative thoughts like this = horrible bodily symptoms' would be in order!!

Love Piglet :flowers:

bottleblond
24-04-08, 12:00
Me Mandy :flowers:

Dizzyness, floating feeling, pains in the head :doh: . Hun remember Anxiety gives us all sorts of wierd and wondefull symptoms, the dizzyness and floating feeling come ten a penny with anxiety. The pains in the head sounds like tension to me.

Well done for making an appointment with the doc as i think the reasurance will do you the word of good!

Call me anytime mate if you wanna gab!! WOOOOOOT!!

Heaps of love to you
Lisa
xxxxx

Emira7
24-04-08, 12:16
Hey Manmoor

All things i get with Anxiety hunny. I also do that silly thing of torturing myself with images of my kids growing up without Mummy. And that just feeds the HA doesn't it and makes us worse.

let us know how you get on at the docs - this is just a message to say I totally know what your going through

Hugs
Emira

Panic1971
24-04-08, 12:21
Mandy

I have been suffering from exactly the same thing recently, especially the dizziness and pains in the head.

The pains in my legs seem to have gone for the time being (just you watch them come back now:wacko: ). They were random pains that moved around my legs.

I have been told it is anxiety and not to worry.

Hope your feeling better.

Take care x

billywhizz
24-04-08, 12:26
hi mandy,

just a quick reply to say you're not alone mate, i have these dizzy spells quite often, i been feelin pretty low for a week or two now, it usually passes tho, thats the thought that keeps me going.

debera
24-04-08, 12:30
hi mandy
i get this dizzy floaty feeling too hun. i can be fine for along time and then it comes back. probably just a blip. it will go away. but you are right by going to the doc. it will put your mind at rest. just try to distract yourself and keep busy. hard i know. but its probably all down to anxiety
love debera :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

pips
24-04-08, 12:33
Oh Hun sorry you are feeling so crap. Anxiety does wicked things to you hey. I to suffer with dizziness & head pain at times.

Sending you some BIG & REASSURING http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/ksriver80/h/02.gif Hun

Good luck with Dr's on Monday let us know how you get on.

Take Care,

Love & Wishes,

Pip's X X:hugs:

manmoor
24-04-08, 12:42
Oh peeps your all fab :hugs: :hugs: I could kick myself sometimes I honestly could. Eleven years coming on 12 I've had this darn health anxiety and when I'm in a positive frame of mind with my symptoms I get so proud of myself as I'm sure you all know what I mean. But this past while has been tough going for me but I knew you lovely people would reasure me cos your all just brilliant :hugs: I've come a long way since I joined this site 2 years ago but the wee blips are few and you guys give me the strength when times are bad and a big hugs back at each and every one of you thanks a million :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxx

billywhizz
24-04-08, 12:46
its what we're here for mate, we all get insecure about our health when we experience weird goings on in our bodies.

just remember ur not alone an theres always somebody on here who will no exactly what your feeling.

misterbean
24-04-08, 12:48
Hello Manmoor
A few years ago I became very frightened because strange things were happening to my body which pointed to ms. All sorts of medical procedures were inconclusive and during this time I first began to plan my children's future without me. Later I began to think that with insurance cover and so on, that they would be better off without me - that I was worth more in cash than in person. It was not until later, when I gave these strange bodily feelings (or in my case, pains and numbnesses) meanings that made sense to both my past and my present situation and distresses, that they began to subside and go, not to return. Linking what was happening with the why. I cannot begin to advise you about your own whats and whys (although there are many who consider themselves able to do this) but I can say that support and love make this process bearable/possible.
I feel for you very much.
Martin

anxious
24-04-08, 12:55
Hi Mandy :hugs:

i suffered a while back with dizziness/floaty feelings and it turned out i had labryinthtis (some sort of ear disorder that would go by itself)- so you see, we always jump to the wrong conclusions and i'm sure you have been thinking you've got the worst possible outcome. Even us health anxers can get ill but it doesn't have to be life threatening.
So well done for booking to see your gp but relax you are going to be fine.
My monies on it being stress and anxiety:)

love anx xx:hugs:

mtatum4496
24-04-08, 12:56
It is very easy, even when you have been to a doctor and the origin of your health woes has been identified to wonder with each recurrance of the symptoms that seem to come and go if something got overlooked.

I have all the symptoms mentioned, usually not at one time and usually with other symptoms in the mix. They come and they go. Still, when I am frustrated when I have several days in a row that are somewhat rough, that little thought creeps into my mind - what if???

Seeing your doctor is the most beneficial thing you can do, especially if you have a good rapport with him/her. I am fortunate that my current physician takes me seriously and will talk to me about what I am going through right now.

Hang in there, it will get better.

Dying_Swan
24-04-08, 13:02
Awww Mandy :hugs:

It sounds as though your symptoms are gonna be anxiety related hun. I know they are horrid but they will go.

I keep getting a shooting pain on the left side of my head too. I should probably get it checked lol. I do notice though that it tends to come more when I am anxious. The dizzy feelings I'm sure you can put down to all your worrying.

I think it's good to see the Doctor, just to put your mind at rest.

Take care of yourself

xxx :flowers:

jellybean43
24-04-08, 13:32
Hi
Aww I am really sorry to hear you are suffering at the moment.
I know how rubbish having HA is-------I have suffered it now for nearly 7 months and it is driving me crazy!!!
I am sure you will be fine-----glad you have made an appt at the doctors. I went for reassurance last week and it really does help.
You will be fine------sending you a big hug xxx

erialc
24-04-08, 22:15
Mandy,

It must be Health Anx week or something cos I have been a bit up and down too.
But have to say symptoms sound the same, although I know that doesn't help when HA is around grrrrrrrr

Hope you are feeling better soon hun

TC

Claire xxxxxxx

kazzie
24-04-08, 22:34
Awwwww Moos:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

Sure you will be fine hunny:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

chalky
25-04-08, 07:00
Hi Mandy,

One of Anxiety's favourite head games is to make us lose perspective very, very quickly.
If you really think about how far you have come in the last two years , does this "spell" represent the worst symptoms you have faced?
Were your symptoms not worse prior to your arrival here?
I know that unexpected visit from Anxiety can feel like "this is it".
You can of course treat this as a challenge-just like all the others that you have faced.
Do not give in to the anxiety.
I think two great examples of how to do this are in your response:-
You have posted here about it.
You are visiting your Doctor.
Where once you may have sat back and allowed the Anxiety to take over,now you are taking action.
That sounds like progress.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Keep the faith.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Southern_Belle
25-04-08, 17:54
My dear friend Mandy,

I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I am glad you are seeing a doctor for reassurance. Until then, please try to do everything and anything you can to relax and know that you will be okay. Your children are going to have their lovely Mom for a very long long time.

Love and hugs,

Laura

munchkin555
25-04-08, 22:22
hey sweetie!
i get get pains in my head too but the doc said its a trapped nerve!
i panicked like mad and wouldnt go to see the doctor i was convinced i was dying!!!
dont be afraid (easier said than done) we have all been there, and we are here for you!
take care
love
vicki
x

mandie
25-04-08, 23:01
Hi Mandy

Sorry to hear how yr feeling. Im exactly the same at the moment. i hate the dizzy, liteheaded feelings, frightens life out of me.

love mandie x

manmoor
26-04-08, 11:48
Thanks everyone for your replies and kind words your all fab :hugs: I will fight this health anxiety if its the last thing I do :yesyes: Big hugs to you all :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxxx

manmoor
28-04-08, 09:06
This is the morning of my doctors appointment :weep: At 10 past 10 I will be at the doctors and I am feeling like I want to cancel the appointment but a wee voice inside my head is saying no Mandy don't cancel cos if you do your only feeding your health anxiety. I hope when I get into the doctors room I can say exactly what I want to and not start talking about the first random thing that enters my head :wacko: The things I want to ask her are

Are the pains in my head not a brain tumour
Are my knee and foot pain not bone cancer
Is my dizziness and unreal feelings normal
Does my earpain mean I have something sinister

I have never had any test done to rule out anything else as I'm a coward when it comes to tests and results and the waiting. I think it has now come to the stage when I need to get some tests done to reasure myself. I will let you all know how I get on. xxx

bottleblond
28-04-08, 09:38
Mandy MooWoot,

Hope you wrote those questions down hun and don't you be cancelling that appointment or i'll wallop ye one!! Infact i'm off to txt you just to make sure!!!

Love Lisa
xxxxxxx

mandie
28-04-08, 09:52
Good luck at doctors Mandy

I always feel bit better after iv been

Like u im a coward when it comes to having the tests, i frightened of wot they mite find

Take care

Love mandie x

pips
28-04-08, 11:26
Good Luck Hun. X X X X

misterbean
28-04-08, 13:08
Hello Mandy

Can you say how it went today with your doc?

Martin

manmoor
28-04-08, 13:27
Went to doctors but she was running 35 minutes late :mad: so went to reception desk and cancelled and put another appointment on for Wednesday at 10.40am. I just knew I couldnt have sat in the waiting room any longer than I had to :weep: Thanks everyone for your support :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: xxxx

misterbean
28-04-08, 13:36
This seems really stupid, even for me, but I'm getting upset at the thought that you were alone and that no-one, including myself, was there just to hold your hand. I can't believe that I'm sitting here crying at that thought.
Thanks for letting us all know Mandy
Martin

manmoor
28-04-08, 13:47
Oh Martin its ok :hugs: :hugs: My mum wanted to go with me to the doctors but I refused her offer. I will go on Wednesday with my list of symptoms and just reach them to her and say nothing I think thats the best way for me to deal with it. xxx

misterbean
28-04-08, 14:04
Hey, who's reassuring who here?:D

Oh, no. I promised myself that I would never use a smiley:D

Martin