PDA

View Full Version : A bit of advice for a desperate friend..

madamgg
24-04-08, 14:42
Hi all
I used to be on this forum a lot until my meds kicked in, so i know how supportive everyone is. I really need some help or a ray of light for my friend she's having an awful time with anxiety, she'd been on a drug for a long time before the doctors realised it wasn't working. She's been on Mirtazapine for 2 and half weeks and it hasn't kicked in, shes been in a dreadful state so the doctor has now put her on venlafaxine alongside the Mirtazapin, which he said would get working quicker...but she's now having massive panic attacks. I think she's having attacks as she's so stressed about the drugs actually working, but she's worried she's on a fatal combination.
I'm on cipralex which was a diff ball game, so if anyone has any thoughts or experience to share i'd be so grateful. She's too anxious to come on the forum herself in case she reads that she'll never get better..
Sorry for the long post..
thanks
GGx

Lilith1980
24-04-08, 16:42
Hi GG

Meds can cause symptoms to worsen before they kick in and it can take a good few weeks for the meds to start working.

Its great that your friend has you there to support her, she just needs to hang on in there for a little while longer I think - give the meds time.

The Dr wouldnt have put her on that combination if he thought it wasnt safe :hugs:

Jo xxxxx