PDA

View Full Version : problem with nose or anxiety?

caz21
31-03-05, 12:06
hi i keep thinking that im not breathing right through my nose and i can also feel sensations of crackling and buzzing sensatons at th back of my nose and jus feel that i should be able to feel something when i breath. im jus so confused as i cant remember what i used to feel before i developed anxiety does anyone hav this problem or any advice. also i keep thinking im never going to be 100% right again :(

seh1980
31-03-05, 12:24
hello again,

I'm not sure what those feeling at the back of your nose could be as I have never experienced that. It is probably just your anxiety getting the best of you as it is very easy for anxiety sufferers to think that they are suffering from all sorts..

Sarah :D

vernon
31-03-05, 14:05
Re again
Hi caz, Welcome to the site, hope u will find the answers u r looking for here as I am sure u will. I get the breathing issues bad also when that goes for a while I get the other heath issues. Feeling Ill, Looking for lumps and bums and all sorts, they are very distressing and really make u feel ill. I have suffered for many years on and off and they do seem to come and go then get replaced by new symptoms. It’s very good to get to know what is happening in your body I find this helps lots. There is lots of help on the main pages of this site. There are also lots of good books on Anxiety that I found helps lots too. A very good book that I found helped me is Essential Help For Your Nerves by Claire Weeks, I read a little form the start each night before going to sleep and found this very helpful. In the past I haven’t real stuck to relaxation and breathing exercises, but last couple of months I have tried hard to do relaxation and breathing exercises morning and night, I also use positive affirmations whenever I remember this has helped to, but must be kept at regularly. I found some affirmations then printed them to cards and left them around different places so I would remember them. Like (I AM HEALTHY WELL AND HAPPY, I ACCEPT ALL MY FEELINGS AS PART OF MYSELF. I AM STRONG HEALTHY AND HAVE NO FEARS, EVERY DAY I AM GETTING BETTER BETTER BETTER,) and AN IMPORTANT ONE IS I love and appreciate myself. But the list goes on and on. Anyway hope this is of some help to you. Hope you feel better soon. Vernon.

della
31-03-05, 19:25
well done vernon

keep doing the affirmations and the breathing exercises...but REMEMBER to put them into use when you are hving a panic attack or feel anxious...well done

take care della:)

Leebl
12-04-05, 00:37
Hey Caz,
I know what you are talking about.. my nose goes crazy but I have had skin prick allergy tests and all sorts and they all came up clear! The doctors keep telling me that my conscious breathing and my anxiety make my nose blocked and more reactive. They refer to this as non-allergic perennial rhinitis. I don't know what it is that has caused my problems, but I over breath because I get really bad anxiety and get afraid I can't breathe in deep enough through my mouth. I can't breathe through my nose at all really - and the docs say nothing is wrong !? I know anxiety can cause many strange symptoms but i'm not sure if nasal problems is really one of them - please let me know if you find out anything as i'd be VERY interested.
Take care,
Lees