PDA

View Full Version : Pot plants and aquariums

Bill
25-04-08, 04:38
I always find having pot plants around the house provide an uplift. Plants can be a hobby, flowers provide beauty and they are a pleasure to watch grow and bloom. I used love growing plants from seed too.:flowers:

I haven't got one but watching fish swimming around in an aquarium can be very relaxing!:shades:

maddie
25-04-08, 07:35
Couldn't agree more!

Dying_Swan
25-04-08, 11:07
I heard a while ago that it is recommended that people with severe depression get a pot plant. The aim is to nurture it, feed it, water it and watch it bloom. The hope is that in caring for something in that way, the person will learn to take care of themselves in the same way and with the same sensitivity.

Aquariums are great too. They used to have a huge on in a kids ward I worked in and it was the best thing for settling down screeching babies!

My Yukka has a bandage around it because the cat keeps using it as a scratch post!

Bill
26-04-08, 00:53
I didn't know that Swan so it was interesting to read.:hugs:

Funnily enough I saw Swan Lake on tv tonight and I thought of you. I never used to be into ballet but the more you look into their skill and technique, you can only stand back and admire the effort it must take them. I find the music very moving especially the finale but the dancing can be really relaxing to watch.

Well, there's one graceful swan we have in our lake but I never think of her as dying. I always think of her as surviving......at least........and doing admirable work caring after alot of cygnets!:hugs:

FreeFalling
26-04-08, 01:11
:D Here in The States a " Pot Plant " means a Marijuanna plant.

So I'm imagining everyone sitting around nurturing their marijuana plant and then watching it bloom ...then I figured out it must mean what we call
house plants :doh:....anyway...you made me laugh at myself.

I do love to work in the garden and with my indoor plants, it makes sense !

Thanks for the tip !

~Rebecca

Bill
26-04-08, 01:32
Well, that's not the first time I've caused hilarity!:D

Years and years ago I was invited to a party and I saw a tall "pot plant" sitting in the corner, and me being the person I am, a lover of plants, commented what a lovely pot plant they had. After asking "what?" when they gave me funny looks......I found out it was cannabis!:D

Glad I made you laugh. Remind me not to post you a pot plant! I'll get a bunch of flowers:flowers: ....or do you call them something else too!:D

smudgie
26-04-08, 15:29
Hi all

ive got a funny story to tell about cannabis.
My dear dad loved feeding the birds and everyday he would be out there filling up the bird table. I went to see him in my lunch hour and wandered into the garden with him, to my amazement and shock I said what the hell are you growing dad you will get into trouble. beside the bird table was this enormous cannibas plant. i told him what it was and i never seen him move so fast, I went in doors laughing next thing I could smell it, he'd only gone and put it on the garden waste pile and set fire to it, smoke bealching up into the air. Laugh I never laughed so much in all my life. What a waste but i wouldnt tell him that.

11yrs have past since he died and thats the one thing i can laugh about .

take care of you
smudgie

FreeFalling
26-04-08, 15:49
:roflmao: Now that's a Classic story !!! Hilarious :roflmao:

Thanks for sharing :)

~Rebecca

Lindalou64
26-04-08, 16:25
Lol Funny Free Thot The Same................

rascal
27-04-08, 10:04
love the story about the cannabis plant, im a florist and couldnt agree more, plants and fresh flowers are fantastic,through all my ilness i have always felt a lot better at work. a peace lilly plant is fantastic for people who work in offices and on computers as they oxygenate the room!:)