PDA

View Full Version : Headches.Please help

cristianecd
25-04-08, 09:15
Hello. 5 months ago, after several panic attacks I've been diagnosed with anxiety and panic disorder. I choose not to go into meds and do it with yoga, meditation and some herbal medication. I had desrealization for 2 months 24/7, and now it goes and come back for a while and its been a week that Im having this headaches, like a pressure, not so painful, that is really worring me. I had them before, but they gone and now they are back. I;ve been to 4 different doctors and end up in E.R for 3 times and none of this docs seems worried about this, they keep saying it is normal for people with anxiety and that I should take some panadol and relax. I can't relax, because they are driving me crazy, I get soo worried to think about this that my hand starts to sweat. When Im doing exercises they go away, but them after sometime they come back. Im really worried, I feel all the time that Im going to drop dead, and I feel like gravity is a bit weird, like my body is leading to the right side. Its really weird and Im in panic just to think about a brain tumour or an aneurysm. And the docs says nothing. Can someone please help me? Has any of you ever had something like this? Thanks. Looking forward to your answers

Whiskers
25-04-08, 09:26
Hi Cristian,

I had the exact same thing during a recent bout of anxiety - I had such a strong pressure behind my nose that was so so distracting - it's such a real, stong feeling that you can't just shake. I was taking sinus tablets etc and panicking as I did not have a cold so thought I had some sort of brain / nasal tumor. I came onto this forum and read that lots of other people get these head pressures due to anxiety. It's hard to believe that the mind can cause such real physical symptoms but when I started to realise this they gradually faded away. It's horrible when you have it though as it does not allow you to stop thinking about things and your mind races which in turn makes the pressure worse - very frustrating.

Hope this is of some reassurance to you.

Sharon :)

smudgie
25-04-08, 09:34
Hi Cristian,

Firstly a big warm :welcome: to the site , so glad you have found us.

I can relate to what your saying. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and one of my systoms is preasure in my head, I feel like it will explode sometimes. I suffer from migraines which disabilitates me for days, Ive had brain scans showing nothing in the end I have come to except them as a systom when im not well it all flares up.
Im so sorry you get depersonaliation/derealisation once i thought I was the only one.Please talk about it.
In the end I learnt to go with it and not worry so much about it as I learnt that it wont hurt me. The feelings are not very nice and very scarey for you which of course will make it worse.

I go to accupuncture every week which belief me it works it releases the preasure.

I hope we talk again
Take care of you
Smudgie

Janieb
25-04-08, 10:13
I am keen to try acupuncture for my headaches/pressure and start this coming Tuesday evening so something to look forward to!

I have had a bad week with headpains and pressure but I think it might be a sinus infection because I have been ill as well, there is a lot going around which certainly would not help anx people like ourselves!! Hope you manage to find the relief you seek, will update following in acupuncture as my doctor recommended it.

Take care

mandie
25-04-08, 11:33
Hi Christian

:welcome: to the site.

I to have the derealisation, when my anxiety is really bad.

I get the headaches, the pressure ect and always convince myself its somehthing worse.

I always feel bit better coming on here because we are all suffering the same

love mandie x

cristianecd
29-04-08, 02:24
Hi Cristian,

Firstly a big warm :welcome: to the site , so glad you have found us.

I can relate to what your saying. I suffer from anxiety and panic attacks and one of my systoms is preasure in my head, I feel like it will explode sometimes. I suffer from migraines which disabilitates me for days, Ive had brain scans showing nothing in the end I have come to except them as a systom when im not well it all flares up.
Im so sorry you get depersonaliation/derealisation once i thought I was the only one.Please talk about it.
In the end I learnt to go with it and not worry so much about it as I learnt that it wont hurt me. The feelings are not very nice and very scarey for you which of course will make it worse.

I go to accupuncture every week which belief me it works it releases the preasure.

I hope we talk again
Take care of you
Smudgie
Thank you very much for you reply, it helped me feel better. Thanks

cristianecd
29-04-08, 02:25
Hi Cristian,

I had the exact same thing during a recent bout of anxiety - I had such a strong pressure behind my nose that was so so distracting - it's such a real, stong feeling that you can't just shake. I was taking sinus tablets etc and panicking as I did not have a cold so thought I had some sort of brain / nasal tumor. I came onto this forum and read that lots of other people get these head pressures due to anxiety. It's hard to believe that the mind can cause such real physical symptoms but when I started to realise this they gradually faded away. It's horrible when you have it though as it does not allow you to stop thinking about things and your mind races which in turn makes the pressure worse - very frustrating.

Hope this is of some reassurance to you.

Sharon :)

Hello Sharon, Thanks for your reply, I also feel this pressure behind my nose. DO u remember how long did ur headaches last?

cristianecd
29-04-08, 02:27
Hi Christian

:welcome: to the site.

I to have the derealisation, when my anxiety is really bad.

I get the headaches, the pressure ect and always convince myself its somehthing worse.

I always feel bit better coming on here because we are all suffering the same

love mandie x

Hello Mandie. Thanks so much for ur reply. Im starting to think we can never win with anxiety. It makes me really upset.
Thanks

cristianecd
29-04-08, 02:29
I am keen to try acupuncture for my headaches/pressure and start this coming Tuesday evening so something to look forward to!

I have had a bad week with headpains and pressure but I think it might be a sinus infection because I have been ill as well, there is a lot going around which certainly would not help anx people like ourselves!! Hope you manage to find the relief you seek, will update following in acupuncture as my doctor recommended it.

Take care

Hello. Can u tell me how long usually does this headaches last? Cause its my first time having them and Im desperate.
Thanks

Whiskers
29-04-08, 14:21
Hi Cristian,

The pressure behind my nose came and went but could have it for the best part of a day if I did not relax - problem is that once it is there you can't relax as you worry about it! Vicious circle! In total I had it for around a week and a half and it subsided when I accepted it was just anxiety (although not straight away) took a few days to go.

I hope this helps
Sharon x

belle
29-04-08, 14:44
Hi..
I have headaches everyday. They vary in pain and location. Today its in my temple and down my head into my neck. I went to the doctors yesterday and i am being refered to a neurologist.

Fab!

breeze25
29-04-08, 19:26
Hi I have been there as well, convinced I had a tumour about this time last year, went through weeks/months of torture, went to the doctors who referred me to a neurologist, also ended up at A&E 2 am in the morning as I thougth something serious was happening, turned out all to be anxiety related, someone recommended a webpage that really helped me. I will post a link and hope it helps you too.

http://www.round-earth.com/HeadPainIntro.html

I found it hard to believe that anxiety could cause the symptoms I had, but they did, I was so convinced I was going to die and my kids would grow up without me, now since that episode I have actually have a great few months, I sure it will come back at some stage, but definately finding it easier as time goes on.

Janieb
29-04-08, 22:15
wow I just had some acupuncture!!! I seriously recommend it tonight I am blown away by it and yes it is going to take some time but I am so relaxed I could just go to bed and sleep for days :D

My headaches generally last for a couple of days to be honest so hoping this helps!