PDA

View Full Version : Meditation Class

Lilith1980
25-04-08, 13:53
Hi all,

I went to a meditation class yesterday with my boyfriend as I am interested in Buddhism and how it could benefit me. My boyfriend had done meditation a long time ago and wanted to get into it again.

We had a breathing exercise first of all, where I almost nodded off! Then the teacher talked about practising "patience". It was all about acceptance and how if we accept things for how they are, this can prevent the anger building up inside us and making us unhappy.

After the talk we did a guided meditation for 10 minutes.

I came out of there feeling so chilled out. Afterwards, we went straight on to our friend's 30th birthday party and when we got there, I was so relaxed that the pub seemed a little too hectic for me, even though it wasnt packed at all.

I think practising patience will be good for me because I can get very wound up over the smallest things, and it normally consists of me getting angry at myself, assuming others will be angry and then feeling angry at those other people because I think they will be angry with me :wacko:

I think its about becoming more aware of your feelings and thought processes and challenging the negatives. Its about accepting the things that you cannot change -if you stress over things that you have no control over and cannot alter then you are bound to be unhappy.

We'll be going for the next few weeks and then my counselling course starts on the same night of the week, which I'm a bit gutted about, but maybe after 4 sessions it would be an idea to buy a CD and do it at home.

I think its good for me, as someone who is new to meditation and buddhist teachings, that I meet someone face-to-face first of all and then I can go off on my own and hopefully develop from there.

It left me feeling really positive. I cant pinpoint what exactly I feel positive about. Maybe its about me? But I feel good anyway :yesyes:

Jo xxxxx

mirry
25-04-08, 15:17
Thats fantastic jo , I love meditation because to live in the present moment is the only place to live , so thank you for reminding me :winks: .