PDA

View Full Version : hI i'M NEW

Lyn Neary
25-04-08, 18:13
I am a carer for my mum (84) she just been prescribed Citalapram. I've never heard of it although believe this drug is for depression / panic attack. Can you give me some information on this drug please, including what are the main side effects I can expect mum to experience. I work full-time and have to fit as much time as possible for mum

munchkin555
25-04-08, 21:39
hi lyn, im vicki, im on citolopram, id say the main side effects are the shakes, feeling abit nausious and sometimes panicking a little bit more. most side effects go after about a week and arent really that bad but then again it just depends on the person taking them.
dont worry though the side effects arent anything major!!
love vicki
xx

Lilith1980
26-04-08, 08:09
Hi Lyn

I cannot give you any information really but just wanted to welcome you to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Lindalou64
26-04-08, 14:21
Hello Lynn And Welcome Im Not Sure Of The Meds But Good For You Takin Care Of Ya Mom I Did Also And Know It Can Be Hard.....i Wish Ya Well....linda

smudgie
26-04-08, 14:34
Hi Lyn
Firstly a big warm :welcome: to the forum, you will find so much info here and meet so many friends along the way.

Your question to citalapram, I take it, I can remember small side effects mainly feeling sick but soon disappeared. I really find it works for me but of course everyone is different and their bodies deal with it in lots of ways.

Would you like to talk about why your mum has been perscribe it in the first place and how are you coping with being a carer?

Take care of you and look forward to talking to you

Smudgie

FreeFalling
26-04-08, 15:26
Hi Lyn ,

Welcome ! I also just joined a few days ago but find this site very informative and everyone is VERY kind & helpful.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about the drug you are inquiring about. I see that others have shared some information with you already.

I can relate to you being a carer. I live in the USA.
I don't know what you call it in GB but I'm an In Home Care Giver for Hospice Patients and also for elderly that need assistance.

On top of that recently both of my parents ( in their 80's ) have fallen ill and I take care of them too.

It can be VERY stressful & demanding work ( but rewarding ).

If you ever need to talk about it, ( taking care of your Mom ) feel free to contact me.

Take good care of yourself,

~Rebecca

marie1974
26-04-08, 15:47
hello and welcome to this site xxx

Joe1981
26-04-08, 18:08
Hi there! :welcome: to the site! :yesyes:

chalky
26-04-08, 18:33
Hi Lyn,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You do a wonderful job in supporting your Mum so lovingly.
You will get loads of support and advice here.
Have a look at the Medication section of the Main Menu for helpful information.
Best wishes,
Chalky

kellie
27-04-08, 09:45
hiya Lyn :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice from all the great members and make some great friends alomg the way. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all about things or if you just fancy a chat and a giggle.
bestwishes
take care.:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

jimmytheshark
27-04-08, 09:53
hello Lyn, welcome to nmp. its a great place for support and advice :yesyes: :yesyes: .
bestwishes.

jimmy.:flowers:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

trac67
30-04-08, 11:07
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:43
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile: