PDA

View Full Version : wii fit game - brilliant

Panic1971
25-04-08, 19:41
Hi all

Just got the wii fit game - it is brilliant. You do yoga, deep breathing, muscle workouts, aerobics and balance games. Just been playing on it for 1/2 hour and feel great.

It logs your weight and body mass index and puts it on a graph so you can see your progress.

Highly recommend it:yesyes:

bab
25-04-08, 19:51
i really want to get it butcan my husband see how much i really weigh - can it be a secret log lol

nomorepanic
25-04-08, 20:49
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=29754

Panic1971
26-04-08, 07:51
You can password protect your details so no-one can see your weight, bmi etc.

As it keeps your details on a graph, you are able to monitor how you are doing, and you set yourself goals, ie lose 2lb in 2 weeks etc.

Really good and well worth the money.:yesyes:

Lilith1980
26-04-08, 09:50
Wow sounds cool!

My b/f wants to lose a bit of weight so might talk to him about the Wii :)

Jo xxxxx

winkle
26-04-08, 23:07
Mine's being delivered on Monday. I absolutely cannot wait!

H22
27-04-08, 00:04
My mum just bought us a Wii today ^^
I spent about two hours downstairs lol and i was fine (i have social anxiety)
And i thought afterwards, what a great way to completly forget about your anxiety =D

Panic1971
27-04-08, 22:10
Winkle - you will not be disappointed:yesyes:

Heather - I am so addicted to ours. Even the kids are struggling to get me off it. I have never done so much exercise. Since I got it on friday night, I have done 2 hours and 52 minutes.

My muscles are aching from all the exercises - even muscles I didnt think I had:wacko:

Well worth the money!!!

Karen
28-04-08, 00:06
Wow sounds good. Wish I had a Wii

weeble40
28-04-08, 08:54
dont go crazy on it at first Yes amazing fun but just to warn you it uses mucsles you dont know exsist

Im so stiff and aching lol

Emma xxx

mirry
28-04-08, 10:53
just to let you know i have progressed and it has unlocked a meditation game , I have to sit on the box and try to be as still as possible , if i move a muscle in my body the flame on the candle will go out :ohmy: , it flickered a few times but i did it.

Has anyone tried the snow board game yet , where u turn the box so it looks like a surf board ? I absolutely love it ,
this game is better than any game ive ever tried , such a laugh.

Panic1971
28-04-08, 15:53
Hi Mirry

I have tried the snowboarding - but must admit that I am not very good at it. :wacko:

I love the hula hooping and the step aerobics though.

Not got the meditation one yet - but looking forward to it.

I agree - it is the best game ever.:yesyes:

I was a bit gutted this morning though as it said I had put on 2lbs and I had been really good yesterday and not eaten any biscuits or chocolate and I had spent over an hour doing the aerobics, yoga and muscle workouts:lac:

mirry
28-04-08, 19:42
lol Ann , yeah i go up and down too.
I did 1 hour 49 mins on it yesturday , and 50 mins today,
the hula hoop game is good , have you done the run round lap island yet ? omg it nearly killed me lol. And the football game is so funny when it throws boots at you :roflmao: .

Panic1971
28-04-08, 20:09
I am rubbish at the football game. Seem to miss all the balls, but header all the boots and panda's:wacko:

It is so addictive though.

Me and my hubby are having a competition to see who can ski jump the furthest. He is winning at the moment - 338 metres.

I am loving the yoga - but am aching so much today. Taking it easy tonight as really sore and dont want to overdo it.

Cant believe how much fun it is though.:yesyes:

I will look out for you when I jog round the island:roflmao:

weeble40
29-04-08, 14:27
338 meters thats amazing i love this one to, has anyone done the super hula yet left then right i get so confused, I cant wait to unlock more games but with my co-oridination skills that be never lol

Emmaxx

fairyloveheart
29-04-08, 14:47
I love Wii fit, but was slightly upset about the wii fit age! BMI ideal apparantely but real age 30 wii fit age 47! I was wobbling all over the place. I hope it improves my balance!!
x

SANDYJANE
29-04-08, 17:15
I so want one , but every where we look they have sold out . will just have 2 keep looking .

love sandyjanexxx

hopeful
30-04-08, 12:07
Same here Sandyjane.We've got the console but its proving difficult to get hold of the fit game unless you want to pay over the odds on ebay.I'll keep trying too.:hugs:
julie x:hugs:

Paddington
30-04-08, 12:17
wow this sounds fab!!I have seen it ontv and did not understand how it worked:shrug: but now you have explained i will have to save up for one..should help my optimum health regime..thanks guys.Love Paddie xxxx

mirry
01-05-08, 09:36
paddie , its very addictive but such fun , maybe if i see them available i will let you all know.

belle
01-05-08, 13:50
I reckon the whole world has sold out...lol
Can't find one anywhere :(

happyfeet
01-05-08, 16:46
Im loving my wii fit :yesyes: had it since friday nite and played about an hour a night and have lost 7lbs , and still eating what l want !! HAPPYDAYS :winks:

Panic1971
01-05-08, 17:09
Thats brilliant Happyfeet.

I have been playing it everyday for at least an hour - but not lost anything yet:lac: . My BMI keeps going up and down.

What games are you doing?

I am loving step aerobics and hula hooping. I try to go through all the muscle and yoga exercises at least once per day.

It is a really good game though, isnt it. Gives me the motivation to do it.

happyfeet
01-05-08, 23:46
Hi Ann

ive gone through all the games , and have favs that ive unlocked the hader versions for , the harder hula-hoops an hard one !!!
l do a lot of the yoga and the muscle ones and aerobics , l think what l like most about it is we all play it as a family and then it turns into a war on who can get the best scores so it seems to push me more that way !!!

my fav game is the penguins , not much excerise involved but it makes me laugh and l love penguins !!

l enjoy the jogging one when the dog runs past !!

keep up the good work and remember its also for fun .

jess xx

popsy
03-05-08, 10:22
You can get them on play.com at the moment from sellers on there. Theres one at the moment for £106.00 but im not sure if thats over the odds cos i dont know how much they were in the first place!? anyone know? LOL
I want one though, but got to save up!

SANDYJANE
04-05-08, 14:32
hi everyone, well ive got one at last lol but only place we found them was ASDA , its so much fun i love it, went on it an hour last night and i couldnt move my legs lol also been on it today for another hour , i really love it .... just hope it will help get some off this weight off lol,,, by the way its £64.75 in asda.

love sandyjanexxx

mirry
04-05-08, 15:11
Thats a good price sandyjane !

Ive done 45 mins on mine today , it said i have lost 1lb since yesturday and my wii age is now 39 (same as my actual age) which is fab concidering it was 58 in the begining ,lol.

The fish game does use your muscles its just such fun you dont notise it.

popsy
07-05-08, 16:14
Mines just been delivered, just about to unwrap it, im so excited!!! I hope you guys havent built my expectations up too much!!!! LOL!!! xxxx

popsy
07-05-08, 17:10
Ok surely there has been some mistake!
Firstly fine, it said my BMI and weight was good BUT my Wii Fit age is ..... 45!!!!! Im 33!!!! Obviously i have a faulty one!

eternally optimistic
07-05-08, 19:20
Hi

I've been on mine for just over an hour this morning, planning
on going on it again later, if I can get to the TV!

Enjoy Popsy, you'll soon be addicted.

Jackie

SANDYJANE
07-05-08, 19:27
hi everyone,

well as you all know i got mine on saturday and since then i have been on it every day for an hour aday, im having so much fun with it. The only thing is ive put weight on lol and ive been good with my eating :shrug: .
Hope everyone else is doing well with theirs ....

Love Sandyjanexxx

Karen
08-05-08, 00:18
I definitely want and need one with so much weight to lose now. I haven't got a Wii console yet either though and they're so expensive.

Panic1971
17-05-08, 10:06
Yippeee!!!!!!

Just got down to the ideal range on the BMI.:yesyes:

Been cutting out all biscuits and crisps, and having only the occasional bit of chocolate. I have been eating loads of fruit, veg, salads etc and been exercising and it seems to be paying off.

Still suffering really badly with my panics though. They seem to be worse than ever at the moment:weep:

I thought I might be feeling better or more able to cope with them with all this exercise and healthy eating, but doesnt seem to be working yet:lac:

How is everyone else doing with their wii???

SANDYJANE
17-05-08, 10:51
hi , pleased your doing so well with yours , im still eating good and still going on my wii for an hour a day , but my weights still the same:weep: ..

but will say i love it, just wished it was helping my weight.

love sandyjanexxx

karen34
07-06-08, 21:52
i want it...my son says i can use his wii if i buy the wii fit game. :)

Mae
07-06-08, 23:53
Hi there,
My hubby bought me wii fit after my first week off work after panic attacks. LOVE IT - however, I had another panic attack at bed time after I had been excercising late on it - sometimes the increased adrenaline may be linked - or so my physio thought. Now I just play in the day and evening and maybe thrash the hubby at bowling!!

shinney
29-06-08, 11:02
I have just received my wii fit yesterday (sat). and had it all set up last nite. I really enjoyed it, it great to have a laugh and execrise at the same time, Great for family as we actually spent time in the same room, playing it. Normal my son is on his psp in his bedroom.

Well worth it,

Pauluk
29-06-08, 12:47
Hi there,
My hubby bought me wii fit after my first week off work after panic attacks. LOVE IT - however, I had another panic attack at bed time after I had been excercising late on it - sometimes the increased adrenaline may be linked - or so my physio thought. Now I just play in the day and evening and maybe thrash the hubby at bowling!!

Hi Mae,

I don't think its recommended exercising before you go to bed. Youre body needs a couple of hours to recover before you hit the sack.

ferber
02-07-08, 17:46
Exercise should help, I always take an hour break or so before I sleep though.

Follow Pauluk's advice, exersise is a "modus" so the body might not realise that it is over if you fall asleep to quick.

Nechtan
19-07-08, 12:27
I'd love one. I've read so much about it and do plan to get one before the year is out. It seems like the perfect thing for someone like myself who cannot get out and about very far. Also i can't take the kids out so if I could have some physical interaction with them in another way that would be great.

Yoga and meditation are two things I want to do but never get around to doing. This looks like the perfect way too get started.

spiral
19-07-08, 12:45
i've finally managed to order a wii fit after 3 weeks of trying to find it in stock for a reasonable price (as most sellers have it for over £100 and rrp is £69.99).
this is the website i used http://www.wii-consoles.co.uk/wii-fit-in-stock.asp
they check stock on all the big suppliers websites.
i still had to buy it as part of a package but managed to get a package with games instead of stupid accessories that i don't need.
i'm so excited - should be here this week!

Nechtan
20-07-08, 15:18
They are really advertising it on the TV now. There is some sort of tour where you get to try it out. It looks real good fun and the fact it is helping you at the same time is just great. I've spent years hunched over a computer screen playing games which can't have been great for me so something like this is just perfect.