PDA

View Full Version : lump in breast

munchkin555
25-04-08, 22:10
hey im vicki and im 24
last month i found a lump in my breast, and wouldnt u know it i flapped like a bird and thought i was dying. i didnt even stopped to consider the fact that people my age dont actually get breast cancer unless its heriditery.
so for a week it was panic attack after panic attack, until i finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors who promptly told me i was Not going to die and to stop poking it!
any way it disappeared as quick as it came, i still have no idea wat it was, im going for a scan soon.
but it just goes to show that anxiety can make you believe anything ven tho you deep down know different
xx

jill
25-04-08, 23:50
Hi Hun, :D :hugs:

WELL DONE for picking up the courage to see your gp, you did great. I know its dame hard but sometimes women may get lumps when they are due on then they just go, you did the right thing in going to see your gp.

Have you ever noticed how, Mr Panic, Mrs anxiety NEVER have anything nice to say, they need are negativaty to survive, feed them negatives and they grow, feed them positives and they get less and less.

Its good to hear your going for a scan, this is just a check up and is normal, they do this all the time. I know its dame hard for you, but don't let Mrs anxiety play the negative game with you, if she trys, you play the postive game back.

You have leaned something from this, AND THATS GREAT that Mrs anxiety dose play with us, so hun, DON'T LET HER.

YOU TAKE CARE.

LOVE JILLXX

lesleya
26-04-08, 06:46
Good for you hun....well done, be proud of yourself.
Your braver than me I made myself ill when i had a lump last year, but after getting it checked out it turned out to be jus fatty tissue:doh: .

Stay positive....
:winks: :winks:

munchkin555
28-04-08, 21:17
thanx every onexxx

JennyW
29-04-08, 12:05
hey im vicki and im 24
last month i found a lump in my breast, and wouldnt u know it i flapped like a bird and thought i was dying. i didnt even stopped to consider the fact that people my age dont actually get breast cancer unless its heriditery.
so for a week it was panic attack after panic attack, until i finally plucked up the courage to go to the doctors who promptly told me i was Not going to die and to stop poking it!
any way it disappeared as quick as it came, i still have no idea wat it was, im going for a scan soon.
but it just goes to show that anxiety can make you believe anything ven tho you deep down know different
xx

fibroadenomas are very common when you're in your 20's. I've had problems with lumps and bumps since my 20's too. You then get to look forward to cysts in your 30's and 40's - the worry never ends if you have lumpy breasts like me :ohmy: I'm sure you're scan will be fine. Sometimes they disappear by the time you go for your appointment :blush:

scooby28
29-04-08, 17:28
I have a lump in my breast which I found when i was 18 nearly ten years ago. I had it checked out and they told me it was ok and I could have it removed. I chose not to and it's just been there ok all this time, some lumps are harmless some aren't best to get anything checked though.

breeze25
29-04-08, 19:15
Again well done for getting it checked out.

I have lumpy breasts and certain times of the month I get more lumps and then they go.

Sure you will be fine. xx

bexy1970
30-04-08, 08:58
hiya,
ive had my sausagey lump checked by 2 dcs and both said its fine"" but i still flap everyday, even tho its moveable and longish on the top bit of my boob.. anxiety horrid isnt it, im even contemplating goin to dcs again today.. its been ther for 5 yrs so i think id be rather ill by now!! drive myself nuts!!! xx(and my family who have all had to have a feel) x

miss diagnosis
30-04-08, 16:52
i went to the doc with a lump and it was just an enlarged sweat gland or something like that. i felt a bit silly but mighty relieved!

munchkin555
01-05-08, 16:07
its scary inst it?
but im glad u ok x:hugs: