PDA

View Full Version : sweating?

lisa-lane
25-04-08, 23:16
Hi, I'm on my second week on Citalopram for anxiety/depression. I've just upped my does from 10mg to 20mg today as per Dr's instructions. My problem is I keep sweating, especially my forehead. Is this a common side effect, will it go away?

Lisa

H22
25-04-08, 23:46
Hi Lisa
When i was on citalopram upping my dose i would really hot a lot and quite clamy, it went though once my body had got used to the dosage change.
If it carries on alot longer (past what you'd think is 'normal') then you should speak to your doctor about it

xx

mandie
26-04-08, 08:48
Hi Lisa

When i upped my dose, i got so hot, my whole body thought it was on fire.

love mandie x

milly jones
26-04-08, 14:06
its ur body getting used to the meds hun.
I'm on week 3 of citalopram after swopping and finally getting some relief from anx altho dep still making me tearful.
I get terribly sweaty, with v cold hands and feet,

Keep going lovely,

xxxxmillyxxxx

lane12
26-04-08, 15:17
hi lisa im just starting my second month on citalopram whaen i saw my gp two weeks ago he was goning to up my dosage but changed his mind as he said it takes a good few weeks to start getting the full effect from them i do admit i feel alot better anx not so bad as before still get little shakey but not half as bad as before ,im still thinking ive got all sorts wrong with me at the moment im thinking ive got the big c ,but i do feel better in myself give them time love and they might help you to xelaine

willp
26-04-08, 19:15
Hi Lisa,

Yes, I had exactly the same when I started Citalopram - had to keep wipes by my desk at work! Good news is it stopped for me after a few weeks, and hopefully will do for you too.

Will

lisa-lane
26-04-08, 19:24
Hi again. Thanx for all your replies. I guess sweating is not that unusual, then? Hope it only lasts a few weeks like it did for you, Will.
Other than that, the meds seem to be doing what I hoped, in that I'm feeling better and not so down or anxious - even at this early stage.
Fingers crossed!
I appreciate the replies.

Lisa