PDA

View Full Version : doctor out me on medication :(

bella28
26-04-08, 11:59
Hi all,
well its been a week since i was diagnosed with panic attacks and on thursday nite/early mornin i had to call an ambulance because i was in such a bad state.. At 11am thursday i had a sharp pain in my chest and it felt like my heart moved.. i managed to calm down using my paper bag to breathe into.. but the anxious feelings stayed with me all day and i felt really ill.. i went to bed at 10.30pm and everytime i relaxed my heart felt like it was fluttering and it was really uncomfortable.. then at about midnite my partner had to call an ambulance because i really felt like i was gonna die...
It ended up fine and i calmed down... it turns out the paramedic lady also suffered with them... so she was fantastic with me...
Then friday mornin the feelings started again at around midday so i booked in to see my doc and told him all about it.. he has now put me on DIAZEPAM for a shirt time only as they are very addictive ( hmmmm that sucks)
I took one yesterday eve about 6pm and within 10 mins i felt human again.. so i guess they are good as i felt so relaxed and the tight feelin i had across my chest went away... im a little nervous about takin them as i hate to even take headache pills... :shrug: ..
anyway i have woke today feelin normal ( yay) so i hope today i wont get an attack... ? ? ? fingers crossed hey :emot-pray: have a fab day everyone..
:bighug:

popsy
26-04-08, 12:46
Diazepam has helped me in the past, it does take the edge off things and dont worry about the addiction thing, if you are just taking small does for a short amount of time it is perfectly save and very useful to help clear your head and start on the road to feeling better. Good Luck, its great when you find something that actually starts helping and can be a positive step on the road to recovery. Glad you are feeling so much more positve too that in itself is the best medication of all!!! . :bighug1:

Bill
28-04-08, 03:20
Lookin back my attacks started in june last yr after my mother in law died very suddenly and she was only 45..
It was the biggest shock of my life and i started to feel anxoius just for no reason and it would happen at random times..
I had a more scarey panic attack about 2 mths ag (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=8043)o while goin through the car wash ( of all places) :unsure: .. i had a sudden feelin that i was g (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/member.php?u=8043)oin to die

I found this in one of your previous posts. I'm sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.:hugs:

Panic attacks Always occur for "a reason".

You're suffering panics because losing your mother-in-law suddenly at at a relatively young age has frightened you so much that it's shaken your confidence and security in life.

You will experience panic attacks in confined areas because you'll feel "trapped" because your mind wants to "fly away" from the fear its feeling.

Panic attacks are now also frightening you into thinking that they could harm you and so are now afraid of something happening to you too when panic attacks are actually harmless.

Have you thought of seeing a counsellor? If not, ask your doctor if they know of one they can refer you to. They will help you with your emotional turmoil you're feeling.:bighug1: