PDA

View Full Version : Worried

loubylou
26-04-08, 12:18
Hi all i'm just after some advice, i'm agoraphobic (not completley house bound) but my parents have go on holiday today for 1 week and im left alone, there is always someone in my home, but now no one, im so worried about this, not because i'm alone, but just if i keep have panic attacks and cant relax the whole week, they go at 10 this morning its only 12.15 now and i have be get neg thinking and little panics, anyone have any ideas or anything to help me cope for this week i would be much appreciated.

Thanx

Lou

marie1974
26-04-08, 12:31
hiya keep busy anything sorting cuboards, wardrobes, cleaning anything to take yr mind off things and at night watch tele or read it always makes me tired and off to sleep xx

loubylou
26-04-08, 12:39
Thx Donna, i am try keep busy but it pop in my mind oh im home alone lol, but i will keep as busy as possible

thanku

lou

marie1974
26-04-08, 12:48
wot about puzzles i know it sounds funny but my kids love puzzles and i buy 500 piece ones and it really focus me and keeps me mind off other things. also is there someone you can ring if u feel an attack coming on to take yr mind off it? if not if u start to feel like u may have one start singing and go clean something anything, also keep telling yourself u r ok and nothing wrong with u and u will be fine over and over

Tom_M
26-04-08, 13:03
Hi Lou

Well you could look at it in a positive way. You could say to yourself "This week I'm going to prove to myself that I can be alone on my own", instead of anticipating not being able to cope. What's the worst that can happen? You have a phone, so you are not totally isolated. The message board is always open for support. Give it a go, try to be positive about the next week.

H22
26-04-08, 13:25
Hi lou, i agree with tom, think of this week a positive, once the weeks over you'll look back and be able to say "yes i handled my anxiety for an entire week and i've come out of it fine"
Im also agoraphobic and my parents go away at the end of may for a week but i think i have people staying with me, this is bad for me though lol as i have social anxiety.
But i know that afterwards i'll be able to be proud ive accomplished that week.

Try playing some games in the archade here, going into the chat room, or like Donna said, tidying, baking, doing puzzizles etc, draw, browse the internet, try different things until you find something that takes your mind off it.
And you're home alone so you could just play music really loud and let go abit :P

And we're all here for whenever you feel panicky etc, whether its to talk about it or to take your mind of it

xxx

loubylou
26-04-08, 23:06
Oh thx all, yes like you all say look at it in a positive way and prove to myself i can do it, thanku u all for yr replies.

Thanku

Lou

juanna
19-05-08, 23:17
Oh my god you poor thing; i'd hate that. Have you got a friend you can ask to stay with you; or can you stay somewhere. Were you scared to tell your parents that you didn't want to stay in the house alone ??