PDA

View Full Version : just another bag of nerves!

caz21
01-04-05, 14:31
hi,

whilst searching around the internet for advice and information on anxiety i came across this site in which i have took comfort in reading advice from others going through the same or similar experiences. as theres nothing like getting some reassuring advice from someone whos been there! anyway was diagnosed with anxiety about 3 months ago now and at first didnt cope well with it at all. basically i just didnt believe the doctor thats what it was! you see had a bad infection in my throat and chest at christmas in which left me in my bed over most of the festive season! [xx(] thought i was getting better when 1 night i took a strange dizzy spell and nearly collapsed and got taken into hospital! now thats a place i have enough fear of as it is let alone have to get takin in! was in for a few days then home. however just never felt right ever since and because i hardly left my bed that just gave my mind time to develop all sorts of anxious thoughts. well as days went on and then weeks things got worse i kept thinking i was gettin iller and iller with something the docs had missed and then all i wanted to do was contact doctors or rush to casualty and did not see that this was anxiety/panic! anyway slightly come to terms with it now (i think) but right now suffering from DP which i find freaks me out. anyway hope youse are not bored reading this jus thought id share my experience and fill use all in and giv a kindof idea about me!!

look forward to gettin some good comforting advice as well as giving any if i can! xx

della
01-04-05, 14:42
hi caz

i have been where you are and believe me you can conquer this thing try to do some relaxation and exercise this helps to reduce the effects of the panic

take care

della

tracyp584
01-04-05, 14:42
Welcome to the site Caz,

You will get lots of support and advice here- (replied to your other posting first!). It sometimes really helps to feel you are not the only one going through a bad time. Have a look through the advice on the home page!

tracy x x

seh1980
01-04-05, 16:37
hi Caz,

Welcome to the forum!! I see that you have already been given some good advice and I hope that it has helped you..

Sarah :D

Karen
01-04-05, 17:45
Hi Caz

Welcome to the forum.

You'll get some good help and support here.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

carlin
01-04-05, 18:31
Hi there, and welome to the site, as mentioned you will find so much advice here, i'm sure it will help. Try to be re-assured by the fact that doctors have found nothing seriously wrong with you, i know that's easier said than done, but almost certainly they would not have missed anything. just take things easy and read all the information you can on this site, i try to distract myself when my mind starts to work overtime, loud music, singing, cleaning, anything to take my mind off of me, take care and keep in touch

FAN
01-04-05, 18:34
hi welcome to the forum

fan x

"dont wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..........stride down there and light the bl**dy thing yourself!

nomorepanic
01-04-05, 18:44
Caz

What you need to do is start with small steps and doing something each day. We can support you along the way with this?

Do you get out much atall?

Nicola

caz21
01-04-05, 18:51
no i dont get out much as got dp at the moment and everything feels weird my vision is crap 2 like breaking up aand feel all light and im scared im going to faint its horrible.

nomorepanic
01-04-05, 19:54
Caz

Ok you are an ideal candidate for some good relaxation tapes/CD's to try and get rid of those feelings.

You need to be playing them at least once a day and listening to them somewhere quietly. Do you have any atall?

Nicola

Jan
01-04-05, 19:55
Hi Caz

What a nightmare. I agree with Nicola take small steps and reward yourself for all the steps you take. I know how you feel except I dont know what day of the week it is. I was told and the guys here backed it up, but when the brain is subjected to so much panic and fear it just shuts off. it has to reboot itself. Take your time and dont beat yourself up about it.
Take care

Janine

sal
01-04-05, 21:10
Hi Caz

Welcome to the site. You sound like you are having a really hard time, i hope we can help you through this.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

dove
01-04-05, 21:51
hi caz and welcome. i know how you feel i really do i was ill in october with a lung infection.it took me 4 months to get better . i too was always at the doctors i had a xray and my lung was ok but i thought there was something really wrong with me like cancer or something .in the end i started with panic attacks and im still not right yet but being on here is helping me so stick around

dove x x

doddy
01-04-05, 22:45
Hi Kaz,

sorry to hear that you are currently going through a rough time, and I think the DP/DR is probably the worst sympton of the anxiety as it feels so strange and scary!!!

I really didnt underatnd this sympton for ages but know I know its just a sympton, cant and wont harm you and I think when you accept it for all that it is.....just silly stupid worry making you feel odd then it passes.......mine has almost gone now...took time and patience but it does dwindle I can assure you.

Take care,

doddy

Meg
01-04-05, 23:11
Hi Caz,

Have you got family and friends for support and comfort ?

This takes time and patience along with self help of :

Deep relaxation - yoga helped me tremendously when I was acute- relaxation CD , meditation, sitting with nature, lavender anything.

Learn to abdominally breath to enhance well being and calmness

Regular nutritious food and plenty of water to drink.

A vit B complex a day

Good sleep

Reiki , massage, aromatherapy

Masses of distraction - menial tasks if thats all you can do - spring cleaning will do nicely

Get out of the house: Having DP does not mean you cannot go out for a walk or out for a quick trip the shops. It may feel terrible but you can still sort of function and you will not faint. If you were going to you would have by now . By avoiding going out you are encouraging agoraphobia to set in.

Exercise: up and down stairs and a walk will do every day.

If you're open to it you could contemplate having an aura and meridian balance too. Its not everyones cup of tea I know.

Aspen/ cherry plum and rock rose Bach remedies as well as rescue remedy.

Positive affirmations along positive thoughts with the belief it will dissipate.

And acceptance that this is how you are today and its ok to be like this temporarily. You've had it for several weeks and nothing dire either has happened or will happen as you can see from everyone elses experiences so have a big sigh , lower your shoulders and either have a good cry or force a smile - it will be ok and it will pass.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

pablo
02-04-05, 01:16
Hi Caz,

As you can see from all the great advice offered in the replies to your post, you've made a big step towards getting rid of these feelings in coming to this site. I too have only recently stumbled across it and the people are awesome.

Like you, I began having PA / Anxiety only recently (November last year). It seemed to come from nowhere. I have had a really hard time accepting that all my symptoms are down to panic and nothing else. As others have mentioned, I found relaxation cd's and excercise really help.

Good luck with everything and we are all here to support you.

Paul

zena
02-04-05, 13:34
Hi Caz,
Agree with all the other posts that have been said.
Meg brings up about avoiding going out you are encouraging agoraphobia to set in. THIS will be very true.
Thats what happened to me 18 yr ago.
Just go out for a walk no matter how small. Keep plugging at it.
You will get loads of good advice here it depends if you want to take it.
Nip these things in the bud if you can!
I also agree with Vit B complex. Not only helps with the nerves but also with other lady things!
Hope this helps. Hope you feel better in yourself soon.
STAY POSITIVE

with good wishes

Zena