PDA

View Full Version : Can't stop swallowing!

drinaldi
28-04-08, 19:25
Since I started started with my anxiety attacks in January I have had a lot of different symptoms but the one that bothers me and scares me the most is the need to constantly swallow. I can't seem to contorl it. If I try not to swallow I end up gagging. I swallow all the time - once a minute - Everyone tells me its fromthe anxiety and maybe it is because I don't think I do it when I ma sleeping but it does start as soon or whenever I wake up. Not only am I afraid that there's something more seriously wrong but I guess my worse fear is that it won't ever go away and that I will be like this forever - which is bad becauses it really drives me crazy. Any one else ever had this kind of swallowing problem?

hunny_as
28-04-08, 20:23
hi ya, yes i have had this kinda of promlem befor, and sometimes it gets a bit worse and i can feel other things starting to come on, i used to drink soda water all the time as this seem to help me.i am sure mine was just down to anxiety i do still get it but not as bad any more i think i have lurnt how to deal with things as time gose on.

i am sure it just your anxiety, but if your really worryed then go tot he doctors.

awww ((((((hugs)))))) i hope you feel better soon

amanda xx

Charlottie
28-04-08, 22:57
I went through a period of swallowing all the time because I was sure there was something sliding up my throat. Ergh. It was horrible but just reassuring myself it was anxiety and trying to keep myself busy helped a lot and the feeling went away within weeks. If it would settle your mind, you could ask your doctor or pharmacist about it.

steve2007
29-04-08, 02:24
Yep ive had this - but i also had a lump in the throat (or so it felt) but after 2x ENT visits it was just globus they said, it comes and goes and right now its back again and i have to fight the urge to go to the ENT again... it seems worse in the evenings and when I wake up it seems almost gone but then comes back within a few mins.

Its so annoying i know it's globus but cant help but think its cancer... and as a result of this i keep swallowing as i can feel a lump which is not really there!

take care

steve