PDA

View Full Version : Paroxetine side effects

Garfield1
28-04-08, 20:11
Hi all
Ive been on 20mg/day of Paroxetine since December 07, approx. mid March I started very quickly putting on weight over a stone in app. 6 weeks and I can never usually put weight on, I am also having hot sweats.
Could this be side effects after being on Paroxetine for a few months? I thought side effects would be quicker than that?

Appreciate anyone's help?

chalky
28-04-08, 20:51
Hi Garfield,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Lilith1980
29-04-08, 06:24
Hi Garfield

Welcome to NMP :)

I can't give you any advice on the Paroxetine but I'm sure there are people on here who can give advice on this :hugs:

Jo xxxxx

trac67
30-04-08, 10:17
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:40
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

bab
01-05-08, 20:46
Hi There

They are def side effects - i was on it for 6 yrs x

alihud
01-05-08, 21:39
I'm on paroxetine too and have put on alot of weight and i get sweats too!!!But if i try and cme off it my panics return big time so i am either fat or panicky !!!
Ali xx

Garfield1
03-05-08, 20:42
Thanks for the reply Ali, really appreciate it - bit of a predicament then eh - either fat or panickly!!

Garfield

elainefu88
04-05-08, 04:02
welcome,hope you like....

Southern_Belle
04-05-08, 16:38
Hi Garfield,

Welcome to the site. I believe all meds have a bit of side effects. What matters is if it helps your anxiety and/or depression. If you want go look at the section of Medications and you might find some help there.

:hugs:,

Laura :flowers:

Cathy V
04-05-08, 18:53
Hi Garfield, ive never taken paroxetine but i think that any meds that slow the system down may also increase weight. My present problem is coming off a beta-blocker called Propranolol. I was given it november '07 and stopped it 3 weeks ago. Since starting on it ive put on around 2st, without any change in diet! The first week after stopping it my anxiety symptoms returned with a vengence..nervousness and ectopics (a particular favourite:blush: !). The doc put me back onto them and within a few hours my body had calmed down again, but the ectopics were still there albeit mildly in the background. So ive now decided to try and do without them again and have been off them for the last 4 days and once again the anxietx has returned and the missed beats are quite strong, but i think ive got to try to be strong and wait it out.

Anybody out there had a similar experience with propranolol? :shrug:

Cathy x

elainefu88
06-05-08, 09:25
Hello and Welcome...:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

kellie
06-05-08, 09:35
hiya Garfield :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice and reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
bestwishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
06-05-08, 13:53
Hello Garfield And Welcome .....i Wish Ya Well.............linda