PDA

View Full Version : Hi all! new member

Ay
29-04-08, 10:15
hi, my name is Anthony Young, im 19 and studying criminology with criminal justice studies and psychology at the University of Plymouth. I occcasionally strangle both a bass and an electric guitar. Currently reading Stephen Fry's 'Moab is my washpot' absolutely brilliant- would strongly recommend it- bloke is hillarious.

I suffered with panic attacks on and off between the ages of 12 and 15, they're bloody horrible! At the age of 16 they seemed to just phase out... minor ones every now and then that were easily solved with me dear old mam's "what you worrying about you silly sod?"- only ever done affectionately i assure you!

However, they're now back and back with a vengeance, coupled with the fact i've given in to the fact i've had depression for the best part of ten years and now am seeking to 'sort it out'- all in all, its not making or a very happy lifestyle at the moment!

Had a real bad one this morning, by far the worse to date, saw this site and had to go for it. It's a privilege, for all the wrong reasons, to be able to have a resource to hand where other people know what the hell I'm on about and I can only hope that I can help others out in the same way.

hopefully that'll be alright for an intro?

Take care

Ay.

karenb
29-04-08, 10:24
Hi Anthony,

Welcome to NMP - you will receive lots of support and advice on this site - it's brilliant.

Karen :)

Lilith1980
29-04-08, 10:26
Hi Anthony

Welcome to NMP :)

You'll get lots of advice and support here, check out the chatroom as well as you'll make lots of friends in there.

Jo xxxxx

clair7
29-04-08, 11:02
Hi Anthony

Welcome to NMP, i did criminology and criminal justice too, graduated last year and really enjoyed it. You'll find loads of support on here.

Take care

kellie
29-04-08, 11:45
hiya Anthony :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice and make some new friends along the way. dont forget to visit the chat room where you can talk to us all about things or just have a giggle with us.
bestwishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/images/misc/progress.gif

Lindalou64
29-04-08, 13:51
Hello Anthony And Welcome...you Sound Like Your Doing Well With All Your Studies Congrats On That...stay Positive And I Wish Ya Well........linda

bluebell68
29-04-08, 14:02
Hi Anthony...:welcome: to NMP... panic attacks are horrible but you are right when you said that you have found somewhere people will understand.... my panic/anxiety has recently returned after a long break and its shock to the system and a real confidence kicker but we have beat it once and will again... hang in there and keep posting...
:bighug1:

"coming together is a beguinning, keeping together is progress and working together is success" - Henry Ford

chalky
29-04-08, 18:56
Hi Anthony,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes
Chalky

marie1974
29-04-08, 19:18
hi anthony and welcome, you will get loads of advice and support here as we are all lovely and you will also meet new friends too xxxx

Joe1981
30-04-08, 05:16
:welcome: to the site! :D

lesleya
30-04-08, 06:41
:welcome: to nmp and hope you find the site helps you as much as it has me
:hugs: :hugs:

trac67
30-04-08, 09:58
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:35
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile: