PDA

View Full Version : CRB Check worries

Lilith1980
29-04-08, 10:50
Hi all,

I dont know why I am worrying about this....ever since I had a meeting with my new employer last week and had a CRB form filled out, I have started to panic at "what if they find something on me". But they have nothing to find - I have not got a criminal record, I have nothing to worry about! But then something came on Watchdog last night and now I am really concerned

Apparently a few people had got their checks back which wrongly listed them as having convictions! :ohmy: They had lost their jobs because of this.

What if this happens to me?? I could lose my job - one I am so excited about doing. I could lose it through no fault of my own. :wacko:

I have tried to think rationally, because I gave them my passport number, driving license number and birth certificate. Surely they could not mix me up with someone else from those records??

I guess if they do mix my records up then I just have to prove them wrong but I dont want to be in these other peoples' positions (on Watchdog) and lose my job because of someone else's mistake. I dont think they even got their old jobs back :mad:

Can anyone throw in some more rational arguments in for me, as I need to calm down!!

Thanks

Jo xxxxx

louwilliams
29-04-08, 11:01
i thought this too!! mine casme bacl fine.....which i knew it would but i did worry something might pop up.........needless to say it didnt. And the chances of them mixing your up with a criminals are very very slight

try not to stress too much-you should get a POVA within 2 weeks which will allow you to work supervised until your CRB comes through

lou xxx

pips
29-04-08, 11:18
I'm sure you will be just fine i have had 3 done in the past and I have never had a problem.

Take Care,

Love Pip's X X

Hope 2
01-05-08, 00:09
Hi Jo :D

Try not to worry chuck . I have had several checks and had zero problemo's . Cos Im a :noangel: . Although it has been said I have commited Crimes Against Fashion :ohmy: .
How very dare they eh .

Cheerio Hope xx

Gabby
01-05-08, 07:04
Hi Lilith

Im one of those big bad HR people that makes you have a CRB check :) If an organisation has invested all the time and money to recruit you then they would be very foolish to chuck it all away by withdrawing a job offer without even speaking to you about it or letting you challenge any incorrect details.

I have come across cases before where people have claimed that convictions were not them and altho most of them were just trying it on and playing innocent to us, the genuine ones have been able to sort it out quite quickly. Mistakes are usually there because of criminals using aliases that get mixed up with you. The way it is usually sorted out is by you going to your local police station to have your fingerprints taken - as soon as they cross match that with their records, its fairly obvious if the convictions are actually relating to you!

Please try not to worry - the numbers of mistakes are miniscule compared to the total numbers of checks undertaken.

Gabby

Jaco45er
01-05-08, 08:37
Hiya Jo

I just had my CRB through last week, I had to give them all my details and I found them really helpful and efficient, so I am positive that your check will go as smoothly.

I don't know lass, you stressed about the interview, and got it, the job is yours so stop worrying ;).

I suggest you spend your 1st few days not stressing over the CRB check (which will be fine) and do what I do in a new job, suss out where all the coffee machines are.

Good luck

Jaco x

darknine2009
02-07-08, 06:38
Hey i am worrying about a crb check since last year i was accused of something i didnt even do i wasnt arrested i was just took in for questioning and thy let me go as there was no charges and they didnt say i could i could get a job but if i a said yes i coudnt because i would have criminal record so will that show up since i was booked in or not because i want to work with disabled people so i just want to know if any one will know about this because i panic everyday even though i didnt do nothing one just interviewed me:yesyes: so please help i been wanting to go away somewhere never come back i really want this job...

chalky
02-07-08, 18:47
Hi Jo,

99.9% of these checks are done without any fuss!!!
0.1% of innocents do fall victim to foul-ups.
Unless you have been moonlightins as a cat burglar whilst sleepwalking,I don't think you have much to worry about.
Keep believing in youself.
Best wishes,
Chalky