PDA

View Full Version : ne tips,on how to cut down the booze?

bexy1970
29-04-08, 11:20
hi,
know i do tend to go on bout this,(sorry) but has ne one managed to cut down on there alcohol? i do use it as acrutch at night, i always have 2 cans of cider which i do enjoy!!:wacko: but then go onto my wine and sodas. i can go thro nearly a bottle which i know is really bad for me every nte and makes my anxity worse next morn plus prob stopping my meds workin properly, ne tips pleeze even if to cut down. i gave up smoking 7 months ago.. but am still hooked on nrt!!! think im crap with willpower xx

Lilith1980
29-04-08, 11:39
Hey Bexy :)

Have you thought about why you drink each night? Are you trying to block out deep-rooted feelings?

A few years ago, I was drinking a couple of bottles of wine each night. In the end it wasnt getting me drunk anymore so I would drink more. I met a nice guy and I stopped drinking each night but noticed that towards the end of our relationship when I was stressed, that I started buying drink again in the evenings.

Now I dont so much. If I drink at home alone, I have one or two "alchopop" things and that's it. My b/f and I drink indoors occasionally but we can go a few weeks without that.

Its a toughy. I think you have to get behind the root cause of the drinking before you can tackle it hun :hugs:

Well done on the smoking, I'm not doing so good with my giving up!

Jo xxxxx

chalky
29-04-08, 19:48
Hi Bexy,

We get into habits-I'm not judging whether good or bad,lol.
Breeaking habits starts with action-instead of having a drink at the usual time in your chair,do something different:-
Go for a walk
Do some reading
Ring a friend
Change your behaviour and you will change your drinking pattern.
best wishes,
Chalky

bexy1970
29-04-08, 19:57
hi,
thanks you 2, chalky your right it is very habitual i think, i used to have a bad night time fear and found that drinking stopped me being scared. so 7 oclock would be have a drink time go to bed p****d and not worry bout nething. so the 7 oclock thing still there.xx

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

louwilliams
29-04-08, 20:02
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?p=318393#post318393

This is me-i havent actually had one drink since i posted that which was 31 march so........er ........all in all that makes about 10 weeks without a drink-dont get me wrong..........i'm absolutely GAGGING for one but I wont do it-my anxiety has been so much better for it-ive still had bad moments where i have been
really low but ive gone back to work 2 weeks ago and feel better for it. It is really hard but worth it

Lou xxx

bexy1970
30-04-08, 08:47
thank for that lou, know it sounds daft but wot did you do instesd, my evening always involves a glass in my hand!! i really dont drink to the excess that i used to but id really like to cut down a lot!! x