PDA

View Full Version : Hello, and welcome to me.

reflect_not
29-04-08, 15:54
My troubles began when I was 13. I'd just got back from a trip to America with a parent. We went to 3 different states and probably got 6 or 7 flights. When i got home and was sat in the assembly hall at school I suddenly felt like the ground was dropping from beneath me, like I felt when I was landing or taking off on a plane.
The sound of the fans in the assembly hall bought it on, and the seating rows. I had to put my hand up and ask to leave. It was very embarrasing and I was visably shaking in front of the whole of my school year.
I never went back to assembly again, and I was put on report as a truant.
In retrospect, I hadn't a clue what was going on, I just thought I was weird and I feel that the school should have noticed a problem since it was always assembly I missed.
I was most certainly not a below average student and have missed out on so much due to this problem.
My Mum had a hole-in-the-heart and I get palpatations and I've always thought I may have that. I still don't know to this day for sure as it needs an echocardiogram to diagnose which I haven't had but I take Propranolol and I don't get anymore palpatations. Palpatations were one of the most frightening things to me as you can't rationalise them. I always feel you can rationalise any other anxious feelings with that its a fleeting thought/feeling.

These days things are as bad as they could be. I have no family and rarely see any friends. I really don't know what I'd have done if it wasn't for home food shopping online.

The last time I was happy I was working full time and going to college and did what I could of an NVQ in Care (certificate for a few units of it).

I'm frightened of working now in case I start with the anxiety attacks again and I can't go into work and I lose my job which would then mean I'd be homeless too.

I hope this makes sense as obviously not speaking to anyone or going outside probably affects your social skills a little.

Take care all.
"Jude" (not my real name)

Pickle
29-04-08, 17:16
Hi Jude and :welcome: to the site.

I used to feel exactly like you do, but with the help of the information and more importantly the support from the people on this site I am finally getting myself well again.

Take your time and read thro all the information on the left as it will not only give you knowledge of what you are going thro, it also gives you some great advice.

On top of that you will meet some great friends during your stay :hugs:

Take care

x

Joe1981
30-04-08, 05:18
:welcome: to the site! :D

Lilith1980
30-04-08, 06:22
Hi Jude

Welcome to NMP :)

You'll get lots of advice and support here.

Jo xxxxx

trac67
30-04-08, 09:59
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:36
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile: