PDA

View Full Version : AM I GETTING BETTER?

Longie
02-04-05, 18:24
HI ALL

BEEN FEELING A BIT BETTER THE LAST FEW DAYS, NOT ACUTELY ANXIOUS ANYMORE THANKGOD

HAVE BEEN ON MEDS FOR NEARLY SIX WKS NOW , AND HAVE BEEN READING CLAIE WEEKES BOOK.
WHAT AM WONDERING IS WHEN I GET THAT FLASH OF PANIC FROM NOWHERE AND TELL IT TO GO AWAY IT DOES, IS THAT ME DOING IT OR THE MEDS, ALSO I STILL GET THESE FLASHES A FEW TIMES DURING THE DAY, AND A FAST HEART BEAT,AND SOMETIMES A GEFEELING ODF DESPAIR, IS THIS STILL OK TO HAVE AND DO YOU THINK I SHOULD JUST LET MORE TIME PASS.
LOVE lONGIE

kairen
02-04-05, 18:42
hi longie welcome to that road to recovery,

That is good if u can tell them to stop and they do, that is all part of learning to cope with them i would nt worry about whether its you or the meds doing it at the moment just enjot that feeling,

I stopped taking mine 5 weeks ago and felt sure that because i still felt fine that they were still in my system, but evryone reasures me that they arent and its me in control now,

So good luck you are doing great well done xx

kairen x

nomorepanic
02-04-05, 19:19
Hi Longie

That is great that you can tell it to go away and it does.

For now it doesn't matter if it is the meds or you - just enjoy the feeling and keep fighting it away.

Well done - great news.

Nicola

henri
02-04-05, 19:21
hi longie,
glad to hear you've been feeling better!
i don't think you should worry about whether it's you or the meds doing it - it's just good that you're feeling less anxious.
we all get moments of feeling better and then a bit worse - the trick is learning how to cope with the bad moments. it's easier said than done, of course!
sounds like you are doing great,
henri x

Longie
02-04-05, 20:03
hi, thanks for the replies
just got to learn to stop asking myself how i am feeling
and try to be more patient with myself
love Jane

seh1980
02-04-05, 21:53
hello Longie,

It sounds like you are definitely on the road to recovery - well done!!

Sarah :D

bubbles
02-04-05, 22:32
Longie,

Good to hear that you are feeling a little better.

I was the same when the meds kicked in about a month or so after I started them, was it me or the meds?! Then I thought--who cares--I felt a lot better & was able to talk away the bad moments, as you are doing. The odd moments of despair etc get easier to deal with in time too

Good luck with it all. You have turned a big corner.

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

sal
02-04-05, 22:41
Hi Jane

The meds have given you a kick start but you are the one controlling it. Well done you and in time you will stop questioning yourself.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.