PDA

View Full Version : legs ache and fatigue

feelbad73
29-04-08, 21:09
Hi, Suffer depression and anxiety according to the doctor, many many years now, life is pretty much not my own. Just wondered if anyone has these symptoms, my doctor recons they are my anxiety but I cab;t say one way or the other all I know is they feel crap. My legs ache and have utter fatigue, even though I would have said I was probably very physically fit. My legs ache sometimes so bad I just don't know what to do it gets so painfull, its like the bit just above my knee bottom of thigh is burning on both legs. And the fatigue is pretty devastating at times. I use to go running up till a year ago but now Im just knackered all the time for no reason. IS this really all caused by anxiety, because in a way Im so past caring it hard to see this as anxiety cause i dont even care if i have anxiety attacks anymore Im so fed up with it all. Everyday sucks!

eternally optimistic
29-04-08, 21:40
Hi

I too have suffered from anxiety for years, although didnt really know that at the time.

I needed to go onto medication back in the summer of last year and now I am so much more relaxed I realise how desperately tired and achey I was.
I just got used to feeling like that. It was like having the flu all the time.
Try and take some time out to relax and look after yourself.

Hope you feel better soon.

J

scooby28
29-04-08, 22:13
Have you had any blood tests you sound like i was about two months ago and i have low b12 which they find in a blood test. I had to have in jections every week for 5 weeks, going back next week for another blood test too see if it's any better.

Seffie
30-04-08, 17:46
Hi,
I have had similar symptoms & it was really bad last year-felt rough most days with intense burning & aching fatigue in arms & legs. See my posts for more detailed description if you like. It has turned out to be caused by chronic fear & anxiety so it is possible that this is what's causing yours.
After a long time of dealing with this stuff your body is complaining to you!
Hope this helps!
Seffie x

feelbad73
30-04-08, 22:54
thanxs for the relies, seffie your posts really hit a chord with me the acheing limbs with utter fatigue, sounds exactly like me, all the bloods always come back normal, my legs feel like there burining sometimes in my arms too. When i go out a walk i feel like i have no energy to get me back from anywhere far so i dont go out far from the house. When i go far i sometimes feel like just keeling over as i feel so helpless, the suffering is immense. Ive suffered anxiety for probably 15 or 16 years now, i dont have any friends or work, everything has gone. I never know what pain and suffering the next day will bring, the burning pains in my legs can get very extreme. I just keep pushing myself but feel like maybe i'd get further banging my head against a brick wall, you probably know that feeling too. As for meds I have given up with them after many years of trying, but they never made my life better, worse in many ways. Im just plodding on thru life trying my best to have some kind of life, but is very difficult, most days i just feel totally helpless like what is the point to all this suffering, There seems for me no way out and I so stubborn that i can't do anything other than keep fighting this, I know that one day if I dont get better Il definately die never having given in to this even if i end up in a mental asylum. I wish there was some way to get better and live a life. Ive had the achey limbs and fatigue now for about 2 years. The suffering can get very desperate at times. Hope your feeling better, tell me how i can maybe feel better but no pills please.

Seffie
01-05-08, 10:59
Hi,
last year I changed doctors & was diagnosed with CFS/ME. There is still a lot of debate about what this is or isn't, it's causes & treatment. Not saying this is what you have but it might be worth raising it as a possibility with your doctor so they could look in to that because then you might get some treatment.
Being diagnosed with this then led me to look in to treatment options & I came across Lightning Process & Reverse Therapy. Researched both of these thoroughly & RT is the one that I could totally relate to. So, have been doing that since September & have definitely improved using this. It can be 2 steps forward 1 step back but I can do loads more now than I used to, have many more normal days now.
RT isn't available on the NHS & it isn't cheap but if it could be an option for you then it's worth looking in to.
As regards what has helped me, I would say the bottom line has been reducing anxiety & fear of symptoms. Being chronically anxious & not getting the support you need when you feel unwell all adds to the feeling of being overwhelmed & keeps your body on red alert which keeps the adrenalin going & exhausts your muscles etc.
Another thing you could research is adrenal fatigue, but I now feel that that is a consequence of chronic strss etc rather than the original cause.
Hope this helps!
Seffie.