PDA

View Full Version : Intriguing

HoldenWannabe
29-04-08, 22:06
Hey guys, should've posted her first reallly; well i'm 18, starting at a new uni in september, and i suffer from OCD (i think)..I'm awaiting cognitive behavioural therapy, maybe some medication etc..but anyway this evening i had my first session with a hypnotherapist which was....different, to say the least..

To be honest i didn't ever feel (during the supposed hypnotism itself) that i was under hypnotism or different in any way from normality except through having my eyes closed and someone talking to me oddly lol.. However, i did enjoy (or, rather, I felt positively about ) the actual therapy side of things, above and beyond anything else simply to have someone to talk to who seemed to understand some of my thoughts, feelings etc and didn't patronise or ridicule me etc (not that anyone has done that of course)..

And of course, the simple fact is it's nice to talk about yourself..

Things aren't too bad at the moment but i feel that as soon as i'm back at uni or having to do something proper and serious and important and requiring responsibility it could begin to at times control my life again, so much so that i'm angry with myself for carrying on doing things..By things i'm talking mainly the at times incessant and futile counting that i'm sure many of you who suffer from OCD are all to familiar with, and also as well often the need for something to be touched and for the feeling to be right as part of the counting..other things i really don't like seem to come in very occasionally too, like this wierd one today and yesterday where i felt i had to stick my fingernail into my adam's apple like 8 times (eight being a good number to my mind) it was pretty unpleasant as are a couple of other uncomfortable or slightly painful things i very occasionally do as part of OCD..certainly i want a way out of it and a way for me to be able to control it though i don't say i'll definitely ever be free of it, although obviously i hope that i will

Cheers guys, thanks for listening!!!!!!!! (reading)
:hugs: :hugs:
Bigot: One who is obstinately and zealously attached to an opinion that you do not entertain.

billywhizz
29-04-08, 22:27
hi mate,

welcome to the site, im sure you'll find answers to many of your questions somewhere on the site.

good luck with your therapy, hope it all helps you.

HoldenWannabe
29-04-08, 22:28
too familiar**

Joe1981
30-04-08, 05:16
:welcome: to the site! :D

chalky
30-04-08, 06:42
Hi Holden,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

milly jones
30-04-08, 07:48
hi hun,

i get nasty urges sometimes too. hope that the site helps u as much as it does me

milly xxxx

trac67
30-04-08, 09:55
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:34
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile: