PDA

View Full Version : throat problem...struggling and fed up :-(

mila
29-04-08, 23:06
Hi, :emot-fail:

I know there's been a lot of posts related to throat problems, but i could't exactly find myself there...and i am going out of my mind with it, so i'm writing, really badly hoping for some reassurance.
For 3 or 4 days now i've been feeling like something is stuck in my throat, right around where the Adam's apple is in men. I keep munching on things, coz it feels better while i eat, or i'm trying to push through whatever i feel is there...my throat doesn't feel sore or anything. Don't have any heartburn either. I do sometimes feel like burping, and like air is there pressing. It really feels as if i swallowed a chewing gum and is stuck now there or a tablet...I know i didn't really...It is soooo uncomfortable! And I just can't stop thinking about it. I also feel tightness around the front of the neck, like when u would have something around the throat. I was trying to stop myself from going to the doctors, but i really need some reassurance or i don't know what else to do, i have my finals in 2 weeks and i really need to be thinking of that and not the stupid throat...please help....

jill
29-04-08, 23:29
Hi Hun,

When I was acute, I had this hun,

Try reading this link, Meg has put more links in this thread

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6871

Hope this helps

TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXX

beth
30-04-08, 10:22
there is a condition you can get its a long word but shortning it down its called lupus

I went to the doctors last year after months of suffering like you are and they sent me to hospital for tests

In December i had a camera put down my throat which resulted in nothing being there... but consultant did say that there is a lot of nerves in your throat that can get irritated when we are stressed and its just some thing that we have to learn to live with.. i have days when i'm ok but days where i have felt that i am going to choak and look i'm still here so it cant be that serious...and i have been back to gp since to say i cant live with this condition a day longer i have been prescripted tablets to help and they do..

my advice is Go for a chat with the gp i think just to put your mind at rest and explaine that you are having your finals in 2 weeks and that you are stressed out.. the gp might reasure you but honestly its a horrible feeling i understand but it does ease of when you can relax..

I also found putting a cool flannel on my throat when it was bad did help also deep blreaths "breath in through your nose for 5 seconds and out of your mouth for 5 seconds keep doing till you feel relaxed i learnt this through relaxing tecniques

Hope i have helped in some way and i will find out from the gp for you the actual name of the condition if you feel it would help.. maybe then you could google it and put your mind at rest

Take care

Beth xx :bighug1: sending you a hug

beth
30-04-08, 10:29
the name is GLOBUS HYSTERICUS have a look a see what you think

Beth xx

mila
30-04-08, 20:48
Thank you both so much...
I went to see the doc today, had a chat and she tried to reassure me it's stress. So I've been trying to do my reading today and ignore it. It's difficult but i'm keeping up. Your posts help a lot really, thank u :hugs:

Claesand
30-04-08, 21:33
Now you likely look up lupus and get scared... it's a favorite among hypochondriacs. They prefer it much like I like MS for the same reasons :)

The likelihood it's lupus is not even worth mentioning. I don't know the list of symptoms on lupus, but it's rare and has a lot of symptoms.

I've had that weird globus myself - like most other things listed here. It's surprising how many specific and weird things can come through anxiety. However, they do pass, and they come and go with the anxiety even if they can stick around for a while even when you don't really feel much anxiety.

jojo2316
23-05-08, 13:09
That's so interesting! I also get the upwards pressure feeling when stressed, as if a burp wants to come out..... nice to know i'm not alone!