PDA

View Full Version : I am having one now :(

Jo38
30-04-08, 09:35
Hi

I am having a panic attack at work as I type this.
I keep getting icy cold waves of panic sweeping over me which leave me shaking and feelings of doom.

I feel really sick and cant stop shaking.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated.

I have just realised that I have had these for 25 years now, on and off.
Am I ever going to get rid of them??

Thanks for listening
Jo

Pink Panic
30-04-08, 09:37
Ok Jo, try to stay calm (not easy i know) try to tell yourself that you have experienced these feelings before and they are awful but they are harmful and they will pass.
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

diane07
30-04-08, 09:44
they're not nice jo, but pink is right they won't harm you, i tell myself if i want to get up and go i can, i found that when i told people what i suffered with that i didn't expect them to understand but i wanted them to know as i didn't feel ashamed if i had a panic attack.

Guess what jo once everyone knew there was no more need to panic, it stopped.

You need to change your thoughts, i start thinking of my weekly shopping list boring, but it stops the horrible thought process.

Di xx

neptuno
30-04-08, 09:46
Joe,
try this right now.... beathe into cupped hands so that you re-breathe exhaled carbon dioxide - this will bring the jitters down OK ? If you're reading this your'e doing great.

Jo38
30-04-08, 10:02
thanks everyone ((()))

Its silly, but I always forget what to do.

I am feeling a bit better now.

Jo

Pink Panic
30-04-08, 10:21
Good to hear you are feeling a bit better. :yesyes: :hugs: :hugs:

Pink
xxx

mandie
30-04-08, 13:55
Hi Jo

How are u feeling now.

I am going through the same thing at the moment. I have been signed off for a week coz im getting the attacks every time im there.

Please pm me if u would like to chat

love mandie x

Tom_M
30-04-08, 14:54
Hi Jo, hope you are feeling better by now.

The things to remember when you feel a panic attack coming on.

Keep reassuring yourself that no harm will come to you and it's only a matter of time before it will pass. Panic can't hurt you in any way.
It's not a good idea to fight it, as failure in fighting it just escalates it.
Let your body just 'slump', that is, just relax by dropping your shoulders and relaxing the rest of your muscles.
Take a deep breath and let it out slowly, feeling more relaxed as you do it. Do this several times until it starts to work.I used to do this when first going into supermarkets and it was usually successful.

PanicsAlot
30-04-08, 16:15
I've been having panic/anxiety attacks at work ALL day now, so I know what you're going/have been going through.

I'm fed up of having them...yesterday I had one at the end of the day and I then had to drive home with one. I start convincing myself there MUST be something seriously wrong to have them come out of no where...Today it is either a brain tumour or throat cancer!? When I write it it sounds pathetic, but I genuinely worry something is really seriously wrong...

The last set of comments have helped, esp the 'slump'ing one!

Although I don't wish these 'attacks' on anyone, it's a help to read other people going through the same thing!

Hope you're feeling better now.

x

elainefu88
04-05-08, 04:21
thanks everyone ((()))

Its silly, but I always forget what to do.

I am feeling a bit better now.

Jo

yep,hope you nice very day...:D