PDA

View Full Version : introducing myself

wine lover
30-04-08, 12:01
hi, although i'm a regular reader of this site, this is my first post.
After reading veedee's post, whose symptoms seen remarkably similar to mine, I thought I could share my problems (and believe me, there's loads), and perhaps benefit from some advice. Although I have suffered anxiety and panic attacks for some time on and off, it's back now with avengence! My current and most worrying period of symptoms started in July last year, while waiting in the check-in queue at airport coming home from holiday. One side of my face seemed to pull down and twitch a bit. I thought I was having a stroke, so obviously panic set in. After a few weeks twitches became more apparant in different part of my face, eyes, mouth , nose!. After a trip to the doc, I had blood tests done which revealed nothing, but the mention of Motor Neurone's Disease from the doctor did nothing for my imagination. Then in September I had a terrible day when I suffered with tingling pins and needles in hand, feet and up legs, which led to a trip to A@E. Heart was checked as I also had palpitations, but nothing serious was detected. My doctor prescribed me diazapan, which did no good. Because I was worrying so much and the waiting list was so long for a NHS nuero, the doc set me up with a Neurologistprivately in Edinburgh who went through a range of tests but concluded that I did not have some awful MS and admitted he did not know the reason for my symptoms. An MRI brain scan followed and this was also clear. But the symptoms and the worry contuinues. My last prescription was for water tablets but again, no good. I take Magnesium and calcium which seems to help then anxiety a bit , but wake every night through the night with pins and needles in hands and feet to differing degrees, and seem to more or less have tinlging in the soles of the feet most days. It is taking over my life and although I know I should'nt Google, I cant help it, as I'm desperate for a cure or at least a diagnosis. For the past couple of weeks, the twitching is back too, popping up in legs, arms and in my stomach. Really sorry for such a long post but I needed to get this off my chest, as hubbie and kids are absolutely sick of hearing me harp on about my twitchy, tingly body. promise to keep other posts shorter. (feeling spacy is just another symptom I forgot then)

teabag
30-04-08, 12:50
Hey Winelover- me too me too! Tingling, twitching all over. I really think that this is the body responding to the nerves that we feel when we are anxious. Just wanted to say that i suffer from the same thing. Good luck and hope we kick this one day! xx Teabag

trac67
30-04-08, 12:57
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xx

marie1974
30-04-08, 13:47
:hugs: hi there and welcome, as you probably know already you will get loads of support, advice and help here and also make new friends:welcome:

ladygrom
30-04-08, 13:50
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_3_36.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZCxdm860YYGB) hi and welcome to the forum youl find great info on here make sum friends 2 tc xx

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb112&pp=ZCxdm860YYGB (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb112_ZCxdm860YYGB&utm_id=7920)

Lilith1980
30-04-08, 14:21
Hi Wine Lover

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
30-04-08, 15:08
hiya winelover :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice make some great friends along the way. the twitching you are explaining is more than likely due to ur anx and nothing more serious. i found this in the section on symptoms and i hope it helps you alittle. For no apparent reason, a particular muscle will begin to twitch. This twitching will continue for an unusual amount of time before it stops of its own accord. Sometimes it twitches so long it becomes sore, and may continue on and off for days.
What causes this:

Stress biology causes muscles to contract (tighten) so that the body is more resilient to an attack. The higher the stress biology, the more tense the muscles will be. Some people experience mild tenseness while others may experience great pain, sometimes to the point of immobility. Others experience uncontrollable muscle twitching. It can be one particular muscle over and over again, or it can be a wide variety of muscles. Sometimes the twitching can last for days.

Regular exercise helps to keep tight muscles relaxed. Some find relief through massage therapy or warm baths.

As with all symptoms, when the nervous system gets sufficient rest, this symptom will diminish and eventually subside. it dont have to be just 1 muscle it can be several at a time, i know this as i have it happen to me from time to time.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jaco45er
30-04-08, 15:16
Hi and Welcome wine lover.

congratulations on having the best name on NMP :)

Jaco

jodie
30-04-08, 15:40
hiya wine lover

:welcome: to no more panic

you will get lots of advice and help on the forum and in chat

jodie xx

Joe1981
30-04-08, 22:41
:welcome: to the site! :D

Lindalou64
01-05-08, 13:04
Hello Winelover And Welcome .....i Wish Ya Well...........linda

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:48
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

chalky
01-05-08, 19:25
Hi winelover,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky