PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Help!

restless
30-04-08, 14:00
Hi everyone,

I found this site whilst searching about headaches.
I have had a headache for the best part of a week and its not going away.
I have been to the GP a couple of times and he prescribed me codeine, which just makes me feel weird. He thinks its a stress related headache.

I do kind of think I might be anxious/depressed. I did ring NHS direct a few months ago as I has trouble breathing. After speaking to them for a while they put it down to a panic attack. I wasnt hyperventilating, just felt I had to breath for myself. When "coming down" from codeine yesterday I felt very peculiar and panicy.

I do find myself worry about the smallest things, and I am constantly thinking about things. I find it hard to switch off. I do feel the whole world is getting on top of me if that makes sense. Every thing seems far worse than what is is. The headache makes things worse, something else to worry about. I just want to feel "normal". I have alot of stress at work, and sometimes my personal life is a struggle. Sometimes I just want to switch off from everything, but I need to keep pushing on.

I hope I am not going mad, and would appreciate it if anyone had any advice (assuming this is the right place).

Thanks

restless

bottleblond
30-04-08, 14:06
Hi restless,

WELCOME to the site!!

Definately sounds like anxiety to me, your symptoms seem very common with anxiety. Have you spoke to your GP about your fears?

This site has a very good support nextwork and i hope it can help you as much as it has helped many others.

Take care for now

Lisa :flowers:

xxxx

restless
30-04-08, 14:09
Thanks Lisa.
I havent mentioned this to my GP in so many words.
But I guess he suspects it.
What will my GP do to help?
Prescribe me drugs?
Want I want more than anything (if its possible) is to learn myself to think properly about things if that makes sense. Or, do people advise talking to your GP and see what he recommends?

Thanks

restless

bottleblond
30-04-08, 14:13
I would just make your GP aware of your situation hun. You don't have to go on mediaction if you choose not to. There is so much out there now that can help. DBT is supposed to be very good but i understand that there is a waiting list for this almost everywhere. Your doctor should be able to give you different options on how to best tackle this.

In the mean time, have a wee read through the forum as there is lots of useful information and help there.

Take care

Love Lisa
xxx

ps. feel free to pm me if you want to talk

restless
30-04-08, 14:16
Thanks again Lisa, will mention it next time I see him.
If the headaches dont go within a week I will be going back.
I will read through the forums tonight.

Thanks.

restless.

bottleblond
30-04-08, 14:21
Your very welcome :bighug1:

xxx

Lilith1980
30-04-08, 14:22
Hi Restless,

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

kellie
30-04-08, 15:18
hiya restless :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice and make some great friends along the way. i agree with lisa that it sounds like you are suffering with stress and anxiety. the headache you discribe is normaly down to tension (tension headache). you dont have to take any meds for anx if you choose not to, cbt is very good for helping you retrain your thought pattern from a negative one to a more postive one. tell ur doc how you are feeling ( write everything down and take it with you if that helps) and ask about cbt theropy. i hope this has helped you a little.
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Joe1981
30-04-08, 22:42
:welcome: to the site! :D

Lindalou64
01-05-08, 13:03
Hello Restless And Welcome ........like Lisa Said I Woul Def Tell Ya Gp About Ya Feelings They Can Help.....i Wish Ya Well.............linda

Nibbles
01-05-08, 17:48
Hi and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way.

Take care,

Mike :smile:

lorac
01-05-08, 18:51
Hi Restless welcome to NMP I am sure you will find lots of help and good advise here.

Carolx

chalky
01-05-08, 19:07
Hi Restless,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky