PDA

View Full Version : Citropram

tjhughes
30-04-08, 20:19
Hi im new on here today. Im suffering from depression, anxiety and panic attacks.

GP took me off of prozac and put me on citropram a few months ago but they dont seem to be helping, on bad days i can have up to 10 panic attacks a day.

Just wondered how other people are finding the medication and what dosage they are on ?? Im on 20 mg

thanks

T

bluebell68
30-04-08, 20:53
Hi T... im taking Citalopram and started on 20mg but am now on 30mg per day.....20mg didn't help me either, 30mg loads better :yesyes: :yesyes: ... i think i have read people on the forum who are on 40mg+, so depends what suits... check back in with your doc if you feel its not helping..maybe a higher dose will help or different meds
Take Care :hugs:
Rach

CliveL
30-04-08, 21:02
I am om 60mg of citalopram and 30mg of buspirone

andrewc
01-05-08, 17:04
Hi Clive
I started on 20mg which didnt help much. I went up to 30mg and still it was bad with me. When I went on to 40mg they kicked in and after 7 months on it now I feel fine.
In the first 4 weeks I was on lorazepam as well which helped me get over the difficult period. I weened them out after the 4 weeks and stayed on citalopram only.
I hope this has been of some help to you.

Best regards

Andy

hopeful
02-05-08, 09:06
Hi T,
20mg was not strong enough for me either.I'm on 30mg and feel good.I'd see your gp about increasing if I were you.:hugs:
julie x:hugs:

milly jones
02-05-08, 10:03
hi hun,

i just went up to 30mg but psychiatrist said u can go up to 60mg to get the balance right for ur body.

keep talking to gp and keep going hun

take care, ure not alone,
millyxx

tjhughes
03-05-08, 20:08
thanks for your replies, to be honest yes i think i need to go back and see gp. Cos over last 10 months ive only just started going out of the house again.

Last time spend an hour with gp telling her how dpressed i was and very well scared of everything for her to ask what work I do ffs if only I felt well enough to work but im not

jillmarion
08-04-09, 23:21
Hi All,

I have noticed quite a few of you have increased from 20mg to 30mg and was wondering if the increase caused any more side effects.
I would grateful for any advice:)

NoPoet
09-04-09, 00:25
Hi, I'm on 20mg and find that after 3 weeks it is making improvements, but I struggled with the side effects for the first couple of weeks. If you've been on this dose for a couple of months without effect (by the way, you have my utmost respect for your endurance) you should speak to the doctor about increasing it.

keith113
09-04-09, 11:21
I am on 60mg Citalopram a day. It does take time for Citalopram to work. Hang in there!

PoppyC
09-04-09, 11:34
Hi Keith :)
How do you feel on 60mg? I have just recently started taking citalopram and on a teeny dose in comparison - 15mg :blush: - but it does help me a lot. I am supposed to be going up to 40mg :ohmy: I dont like taking tablets so its a struggle sometimes as I find I get scared of what the effects will be (plus a fear of choking on the tablet! lol :wacko:)
Do you feel ok on 60mg ? Have they helped a lot? I am sure I would be like a zombie on that amount but maybe I wouldnt too.
Has your anxiety and depression totally subsided on that amount?