PDA

View Full Version : Please Help.....

jackie13
01-05-08, 11:17
Hi everyone

I am pretty new to this site.

I did something really stupid at the weekend and drank FAR too much and did a little bit of recreational drugs, this has really messed up my meds and I have spent the week in really bad panic mode.

To top it all, my husband has been on nights this week, so I have had little sleep and not eaten as my throat has closed up!!

I know this is totally my own fault and I thought I had been previous depression/anxiety/panic under control with citalopram.

I am going on holiday on Saturday for 4 days to Spain with my husband and I am dreading it, crying over everything including leaving my little dog with the neighbour.

Is this just a blip?

Jackie xx

marie1974
01-05-08, 11:54
Hi Jackie, yes just a blip hun, we all have them and i think drinking makes you feel low for days too so i try not to drink much. just carry on how you was before all this and you really should enjoy this holiday im sure you both deserve it and you know that your dog will be fine. just keep telling yourself that you are going to have a good time and keep busy and think positive thoughts xxxxxxxxx

honeybee3939
01-05-08, 11:59
Hi Jackie

I have learned my lesson while taking Citalopram and mixing them with alcohol:ohmy: , makes my anxiety 10 times worse:ohmy: .

Its just a blip hun, you go have yourself a great holiday will do you the world of good! but dont forget:winks: dont be drinking too much alcohol.

Have a great time
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

gary_2.0
01-05-08, 12:42
I did something really stupid at the weekend and drank FAR too much and did a little bit of recreational drugs, this has really messed up my meds and I have spent the week in really bad panic mode......

One thing is for certain as far as I'm concerned Jackie. Don't waste time and energy on feeling guilty and blaming yourself for these actions. We all need to stretch out from time-to-time. Sometimes that means throwing caution to the wind. Yes we might have to pay for it later but it's entirely natural to want to 'go mad', or should that be madder, occasionally?

What's done is done. You obviously felt you needed to 'let go' a bit, so no please, no blame no guilt. Make sure you drink plenty of fluids. Take your meds regularly. Don't skip meals and all the other sensible boring stuff that you rebelled from and things will settle down to as they were before.

Even if you don't feel completely recovered when it's time to leave for your holiday, I'm sure the change of scenery (and climate), will have a beneficial effect on you.

Stay in touch with everyone here and I'm sure you find things get better very soon. Because, yes it is only a blip.

What area of Spain are you going to?

P.S.
"...not eaten as my throat has closed up!!"
To what extent? Do things feel any better now? If you can't eat solids eat soup.

jackie13
02-05-08, 08:24
Thanks for all your thoughts and replies.

I managed to get some sleep, but have woken up this morning feeling suicidal. My husband has managed to talk me round and calm me down. I would be interested to find out whether what I did at the weekend has maybe wiped out all the good stuff the citalopram had done, ie I have no good chemical in my brain at the moment?

I only ever took valium once in January when I had a blip. I went to the doctor yesterday and explained what I had done at the weekend, he refused to not give me more than 4 2mg tablets of valium even though I said I needed a calmer for the journey to spain tomorrow, I think I might go back today and see him again.

Sorry for this long message, my husband said I should post it this morning, I think I am also have extreme anxiety about this trip, ie will I cope, will I break down and want to come home? My head is in a right mess!!

rascal
02-05-08, 16:45
your right i think your getting yourself more and more stressed out with the journey to spain, even holidays can cause anxiety which sounds strange but does happen.
have you deen back to the docs yet?
its easier said than done i know but try to stay calm, take some DEEP BREATHS think what a wonderful time your going to have, the mind is a very powerfull tool so think posative.
the alcohol will not have wiped out the citalopram but it wont have helped, alcohol and anxiety/depression etc are not a good combination wether your on meds or not.
you sound like you have a very supportive husband which is initself a fantastic thing, my hubbys very good and understanding which means a lot.
have a fantastic trip, enjoy the sunshine, let us know how you are when you get back.:bighug1:

jackie13
02-05-08, 17:42
Hi Guys

Thanks for all your support. I went to the doctors this morning and told them how I was feeling again. They confirmed that I was suffering from too much alcohol abuse and with the meds my brain does not know what it is doing, no suprise there then!! To calm me down until my brain re connects itself, she prescribed me 6 days worth of Stelazine, anybody used these?

chalky
02-05-08, 18:17
Hi Jackie,

The best thing you can do with your recent experiences is learn from them.
You can and will come through this!!!!
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Best wishes,
Chalky

jackie13
02-05-08, 18:33
Hi Chalky

Thanks for your kind words, I am a little anxious about Stelazine, not sure whether this will make me worse or not. Do you know anything about this drug? I have looked it up on the internet and it seems to be used for all sorts of things.

Jackie x

gary_2.0
02-05-08, 19:22
The main benefit of Stelazine would seem to be that it blocks or lessens the effects of your brain's natural production of dopamine, which should help to make you less anxious and put you more in control.

The effect of any new drug is uncertain because we are all chemically individual. Best to just try it and see.

Sorry that probably doesn't seem to be much help but I wanted to leave a comment to reinforce the fact you're not alone.

Good luck Jackie. Let us know how things go.

jackie13
02-05-08, 19:46
Hi there

Thanks for your info. I have taken them and seem ok at the moment, I suppose the state I have been in this week, I am anxious about everything, but I do seem alot calmer than this morning. No alcohol today so hopefully in the morning when I take my citalopram I should be getting back to normal. Keep telling myself, ya daft bugger, you mixed ya meds up!! xx

gary_2.0
02-05-08, 21:28
I'm glad to hear you're calming down. That excellent news - ya daft bugger :D