PDA

View Full Version : Bowel problems / stress?

Catwoman
02-05-08, 10:19
Sorry about this post but I would appreciate some advice. For the last 3 weeks or so I have suffered terribly with my stomach and bowels (sorry!). I have had cramps, pains, wind, loose stools, and also sickness.

Recently my doctor changed me from the antidepressant Efexor to Prozac, I tapered off my Efexor pill for a week and then started on the Prozac, and although I had started feeling a bit sick before this (more about this later) since then I have felt really bad.

Before this my husband’s grandmother, who I was very close to, died. She was suffering at the end and I saw her after she died and she looked so frail. It really shocked me. To make matters worse in her legacy she left a large house. My husband always assumed it would be sold (his brother said there was no Will in existence) and that the house would be sold and divided amongst the family equally.

Anyway the day after her funeral the brother produces a Will he had got Nan to sign, seemingly, 3 years ago leaving EVERYTHING to the brother and an Uncle who Nan hardly saw. We were shocked, shocked to the core. This brother had previously taken Nan, who was gravely ill, from her home and put her in a care home, not told us, so much so when we went to her house at Christmas time we couldn’t find her. Frantic thinking something had happened to her we contacted the brother for him to simply text us saying ‘I PUT HER IN A HOME’. :weep:

I think he put pressure on her to leave the house to him, cutting out my husband. We are seeking legal advice but this isn’t the issue here.

I am wondering, being that I am so so upset about this, and the changing of my pills from Efexor to Prozac, is this enough to cause these terrible stomach symptoms?

Also how long should I wait before I see a doctor about this in case it’s something else?

I don’t want to bother them as I am convinced the doc thinks I am a hypochondriac nutcase, but what do others think?

Emira7
02-05-08, 10:53
Without a doubt stress causes tummy problems.
Without wanting to give TMI - when I have alot stress anxiety on my plate, I am generally on the loo more. And if I get nervous, for example before I have to go out on a social occasion I do.

I would go to the doctors anyway explain about the stress your under and your tummy problems. Its worth looking into it.

Have you tried drinking peppermint tea? I have that in the mornings as well as lemon and ginger. It settles my tummy.

I am very sorry you are going through all of these family problems - it must be heart breaking hunny. My thoughts are with you.

Hugs
Em

worriedGrace
03-05-08, 23:05
Dear Catwoman you have all my sympathy. I have been in a similar family situation as you have. My dear aunt left a third of her money to a neice who didn't even like her but just hung around for the money and the rest to a church which she didn't even attend!

Like you this has affected my bowel problems to the point of going to A&E for severe pains. Am waiting to have tests done but I am sure all this worry has made my symptoms worse.