PDA

View Full Version : Not Sure What Just Happened..

*Broken_Mind*
02-05-08, 12:45
Hi Everyone,

I've stayed off here for a while now as i thought i was recovering and didnt want the reminders of the 'old' me but the scariest feeling just happened.

I am sitting at my desk at work casually doing my work and then all of a sudden i had this REALLY strong heartbeat but it felt like i was having a heartattack, it wasnt like an ectopic heartbeat i have felt before it lasted for about 15 seconds and i could hardly catch my breath.

I am 17 weeks pregnant and really scared i have a heart condition that could threaten my childs health :(

Sorry if i rambled, i probably sound silly.

Stacey

jodie
02-05-08, 13:11
hiya:hugs:

please try not to worry i got the same thing when i was preg with my little girl i did see my doc about it and he sead we do feel ectopics more when we are preg .but they dont harm baby and i am sure you will be ok i think what you had is a few ectopics in a row not nice but still dont harm you .
mabe go back to your doc have a chat about it to put your mind at rest hun
take care
jodie xx

*Broken_Mind*
02-05-08, 13:13
Hi Jodie!

Im sort of glad you felt the same, i feel all fuzzy and tired now like i normally do after a panic attack. Im just so scared i will harm my baby because of my anxiety. Feel so helpless!

My doctor doesnt really help with these sort of things - i never believe what he is saying is true. I dont know why.

Thank you! xx

Hope 2
02-05-08, 16:22
Hi Stacey :D

It's a scary old time innit being pregnant xx
I had episodes of palpitations during my pregnancy that just sorta tailed off .
Medical folks said it was quite common . Had an ecg and was negative .
Perhaps have a look at a thread in Social Anxiety - titled Pregnant and Worried .
It's got lots of other mums 2 be experiences on it , including mine :blush: .

Keep posting if u still worried eh xx
Problem shared and all that !
Hope xx