PDA

View Full Version : Today I have.....Saturday

LindyF
03-05-08, 09:10
This is the place to put your achievement/s for today no matter how tiny they were to you they were a triumph xxhugxx:yesyes:

"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that
take our breath away"

LindyF
03-05-08, 09:10
Applaud us when we run, console us when we fall,
cheer us when we recover.

xxhugxx

smudgie
03-05-08, 09:21
Ive been on drugs that has made my weight go up 3 stone in 4mths.
came off them and been on strick diet for the last week.

I weighed this am and ive lost 7lbs, so proud of myself.

smudgie

LindyF
03-05-08, 09:33
Well done Smudgie big thumbs up for you xxhugxx :yesyes:

mtatum4496
03-05-08, 14:57
it is 8:44 in the morning for me as I write this. I've just had an experience that was frightful, draining, but also somewhat triumphant.

I awoke this morning with a keen desire to do my grocery shopping. The weather is supposed to be horrendus here today, so I knew I had to move fast. After a quick breakfast of whole grain cereal and taking my first round of vitamins for the day, I was off with my list in hand.

I determined that instead of going to the supermarket in my neighborhood, I would go to the huge superstore a few miles away. I know they sell the calcium/magnesium/zinc supplement my doctor has me taking in the right dosage. I had not been in this store for months, owing to the loud music they play, and they loud announcements they make over the intercom, but thought I would try an adventure and go.

As I went into the store, I slipped in my earplugs to help me out. Things were going pretty well, and I was almost finished collecting the items on my list when I happened to glance at the dairy section and saw what I first perceived as a black screen in the middle of a display. I wondered why it was there, then realized I was looking at doors leading back into the warehouse area of the store, not the display.

For some reason, making this mistake rattled me immensely. I am sure that in times past, I have mistaken something I have seen and not given it a second thought. But owing to the fact that the anxiety sometimes reaches a point where I feel as if I am losing control of my sanity, this experience apparently caused me more distress than it should.

I managed to pull myself together by humming a tune to myself, finished my shopping and proceeded to the checkout area. Wouldn't you know it, they only had two registers open out of twenty! I got in line and kept humming, praying and reminding myself I had Xanax in my pocket if it got too bad.

Mercifully, once I made it deep enough into the queue to begin placing my groceries on the conveyor belt, I began to feel a sense of hope - I would make it through! The anxiety was still high as I paid for my items and left the store. Once back in the car, the anxiety quieted down, although I felt as if I had just gone ten rounds with a heavyweight boxing champ.

I made it home, put the groceries away and then rushed to have a quick bike ride around the neighborhood before the rain hit. As I type this, the rain has just started and it is expected to be thunderstorms here all day.

The above consitutes the frightful and the draining. Now, here is the triumphant part - I got through the experience without having to take any Xanax. My energy is returning somewhat now (the symptoms from my Epstein Barr virus are continuing to fade, especially the fatigue). I probably will have the minimum dose the doctor prescribed later today, but right now I think I will be okay.

It may seem like a little thing, but my small triumph over the anxiety this morning gives me hope.

LindyF
03-05-08, 15:25
Mtatum, What an amazing triumph for you well done, whilst it rains you can now sit with your feet up and do something nice. Again well done you. xxhugxx:whistles:

mtatum4496
03-05-08, 18:16
Thank you Lindy, for always being ready with a kind word. It is because of people like you that this site has come to be such a support to me in the short time I have been here.

gary_2.0
03-05-08, 18:23
@Mtatum; No not a "little thing" at all. Being stuck in the queue is where I probably would have bottled it unless fear had rooted me to the spot.

"I felt as if I had just gone ten rounds with a heavyweight boxing champ." Only fellow suffers will truly appreciate how incredibly psyhicaly draining thes episodes can be. Last year out of the handful of trips I made one long distance all-dayer in particular took me the best part of a week to fully recover my normal energy levels.

@ness: The secondary benefit is that you get to buy new clothes!

Congrats to you both. It's always great to hear positive stories.

Pickle
03-05-08, 20:26
:yesyes: Smudgie, what an achievement, not only coming off the drugs but to have lost weight too, and 7lbs - WELL DONE :hugs:

:yesyes: Mtatum4496, well done. You managed to face the fear and get thro it. What a great success for you. You should feel justifiably proud of yourself :hugs:

Well my success today was an early morning visit to my stepson. Its his birthday today and up till a couple of weeks ago I wouldnt have dreamt of going to see him (he lives just over a mile away) without 10mg of oxazepam and a great deal of stress. I've managed to do so much in the last 2 weeks, and Im not going to let myself slip back into the 'old' ways.

I said before that this was a great idea of yours Lindy - I cant wait to check in each day to see what everyone has been up to :hugs:

Happy Saturday everyone

x

margaret911
03-05-08, 22:29
Today I felt well and enjoyed going to the supermarket:D

Pickle
04-05-08, 09:14
:hugs: Well done Margaret, isn't it amazing how we feel after each achievement.

Onwards and upwards :hugs:

x

aliciajane
05-05-08, 01:21
I know it's techinally Monday now lol, but I thought I'd share what I did on Saturday.
I slept over at my friends house, which has always sent me panics before.
I would panic about not sleeping or having a panic attack and it was a nasty viscious circle.
But I slept, hurrah! I woke up at about 6am and got a bit panicky, but I calmed myself down, did some breathing exercises and went back to sleep.
I woke up at 10am very proud of myself!

xax