PDA

View Full Version : was this a panic attack????

caz21
04-04-05, 12:45
hi

i had a scary experiece when i was in my sisters car and i dont know if this was a panic attack and im hoping youse can help me understand if it was. i begun to think i was going to stop breathing and i developed really bad pains in my chest as well as pins and needles over my face. this weird feeling came over me like i thought i was dying and my eyes started to close out i was very very scared i also felt i could hardly speak. does this sound like a panick attack at all as it really scared me and i cant stop thinking about what it felt like and scared of it ever happening again.

Laura xx
04-04-05, 12:58
Hi Caz

This certainly does sound like a panic attack. Did you feel funny and then scare yourself with a "thought"? cos that's what I often do.

Chest pains and pins and needles are classic symptoms of a panic attack. I know a panic attack is really awful, and in the early days (until I learnt how to deal with them) I called an ambulance out on two occasions - only to be told you are having a panic attack.

You do feel like your dying because you don't know what is happening to you and it is an overwhelming feeling that is passing through your body - its like am I fainting? am I dying? what the hell is happening to me?

I am presuming that you have been to your Doctor though, who has confirmed you are suffering from anxiety?

Keep your chin up!

Laura xx

zena
04-04-05, 14:08
Hi Caz,

Yes I agree with what Laura has to say.
Everybody has different levels of a panic.

Hopefully your Doctor will be able to help you to try and understand and help to cope with them a little better.

You certainly came to the right site though. You will get loads of advice and loads of support as well.

Stay Positive at all times honey.

with good wishes

Zena

seh1980
04-04-05, 15:48
Yes, it does sound like a panic attack. Go see your GP as he will be able to give you some good advice. :D

Tracy68
04-04-05, 17:38
Hi Caz
Sure sounds like a panic attack. It affects people in different ways. Like everyone else has said best having a chat with your doctor. Let us know how you get on.
Take care
Tracy
x

Razzle51
04-04-05, 17:49
SEE IF YOU THINK THIS IS A PANIC ATTACK. EARS SCREAMING , LEGS BURNING AND ACHEING AND ARMS BURNING AND ACHEING . NAUSEATED AND HEART KIND OF ROLLING OR FLUTTERLYING. THANKS

Rennie1989
04-04-05, 19:48
Razzle: Yes thats like a panic attack. See your gp about it, like the others advice

Scooter Girl AKA Jade

bubbles
04-04-05, 20:34
Caz,

Certainly sounds like a panic attack. They can affect different people in many different ways.

As everyone has said---you should see your GP. He can check you over & hopefully help & reassure you. Are you having treatment for anxiety?

Linda. x

Being defeated is often a temporary condition. Giving up is what makes it permanent.

sal
04-04-05, 23:06
Hi Caz

It does sound like a panic attack and they can make you feel just how you describe. Try not to dwell on the next one as that makes it harder to cope with and if it does happen remember you got through it today.

Take care.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.