PDA

View Full Version : The bee

Bill
05-05-08, 00:34
I was out all day today playing in a bowls competition. It was so warm and humid I asked if I could open the windows which they agreed to.

During the matches I heard a buzzing noise and later saw a wasp by one of the windows which I let out. However, after the matches had been played, a fellow member was putting her shoe on but didn’t realise a bee had made it its home so she got stung!

Now, this member knew that it was me who had opened the windows but they said nothing because they knew I wasn’t to blame as it was just one of those things. However, it did cross my mind that if I hadn’t opened the windows then it wouldn’t have happened.

What happened was just like they said, “one of those things” but how might I have felt if they had put the blame on me? We will often feel hurt and would beat ourselves up even though it was accidental, unintentional or unavoidable.

Therefore, in that instance wouldn’t the other person be to blame for putting the blame on us so why should we beat ourselves up just because they get upset when we’re Not at fault? As was the case recently for me, don’t let others hurt try to destroy you when you know in your heart you did nothing to deliberately hurt them.:hugs:

misterbean
05-05-08, 00:54
Bill, the blame cycle is exhausting. I think, as you suggest, it doesn't work either. Hurts still find a way through.

Martin

marie1974
05-05-08, 10:28
hi bill, im glad you played bowls yesterday thats doing something for you, i hoped thats mayb you did something that would take you away from the daily stresses we all have, i hope you had a lovely time apart from that damn Bee hehe hugs xxxx

smudgie
05-05-08, 10:41
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :shades: :shades: :hugs: hi Bill

indoor bowls hey great to hear you got out and did some thing enjoyable.
blame, what would you say to me about taking the blame for everything, like i do.
I have learnt that blame is a waste of time and it gets me nowhere, well sometimes, but you surprised me of all people are saying that, Ive just surprised myself .

take care
love
ness:hugs:

milly jones
05-05-08, 11:03
but blaming urself is sometimes a form of protection in case u have done something wrong. blaming urself can be stronger and more hurtful than whatever others could do to you. but it makes a barrier against the world.

sorry in low mood

milly xx

ps bill added u msn xx