PDA

View Full Version : propranalol advice

caz21
04-04-05, 14:18
hi i took 1 propranall last week then this week i took another 3 then i didnt take anymore and had bad panick attacks following that. then i read on the box dont stop suddenly! and im scared ive done some damage to myself or my heart? please help! need advice

Juneie
04-04-05, 18:24
Hiya, dont worry (I know thats easy to say) but...lots of people with panic attacks take propranolol just when then feel they need it with no bad effects. What you have to rememer is that this drug is more commonly prescribed or origionaly meant for people with high blood pressure, so obviously if that was the case then yes, dont stop it suddenly. However, if you had low blood pressure, your Dr would not have prescribed it in the first place. All that this drug is supposed to do for panic attack suffers is to lessen the chance of having a panic attack by slowing down the heart rate, hence lessening the symptoms of an attack. Personally I find them brilliant but I have a high anxiety rate when taking pills when I dont understand the effects or are frightened of the effects. When I last started on a course of anti depressants, I felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety, that something unknown was gonna take over me and render me senseless and that was just after taking one tablet. If its ok for me to say, I think you are suffering the same thing, an extreme anxiety state about taking something you are not sure of....which is normal for the conditions we suffer. I would be very surprised if you had done any harm to your heart...most probably its in the mind, but please go for a check up to put your mind at ease.
June x

long term panic/anxiety sufferer, add agroaphobia to that, fed up

della
04-04-05, 19:00
hi caz

I used to take propranololo a few years ago now...i found that they helped me.
[:o)]