PDA

View Full Version : stomach cancer

celia davies
05-05-08, 22:24
ive been feeling really really sick the past few weeks,an ive been havin loads of trapped wind i cant eat cause i feel so sick but ive also recently lost alot of weight even tho i was eating loads,my stomach jst feels really funny im so scared so then i just looked up stomach cancer an ive all the smptoms even a painful breastbone which i hav quite alot im so scared

marie1974
05-05-08, 22:28
hiya just to say my nan died of stomach cancer and a big symptom for that is losing weight yes but also not wanting to eat, my nan was a big eater and then didnt want nothing, she couldnt eat anything so please dont worry and googling is the worst thing as it alwasy brings up the worst scenario, but you should go to doctors because it will put your mind at rest and you will be fine, you more you panic the more symptoms you believe you have i have done it loads of times, hugs xxxx

celia davies
05-05-08, 22:33
I cant eat anything at the moment i feel 2 sick ive been like this 4 days im usually a big eater,was there anyother sympotoms she gad im really scared

hunny_as
05-05-08, 22:38
Hi celis,

we offton jump to the worse case ever, i remember haven to have a ct scan and no one told me why then i was refured to the brain docs (not going to try and spell there propper name) and no one was telling me why part from i had swollen eyes so what did i do the same thing looking on the net to see what causes it you can imagen what i found and i had all the symtoms and every thing i got myself so worked up and stresed then i started getting other things happen to me like louseing my eye site evey time i bent over, evanually i got told what was wrong with me, so when i went to the docs and i was so scared,

my piont is dont look it up your going to get your self all worked up, please try not to worry and go and see your gp, our bodys have a way of playing games on us, everything seems so really and so scary i know but try and remain clam.

i also have had the same kinda thing and yes i looked it up and it came out with the same thing, i know how scard it makes you feel

please feel free to pm me and have someone to talk. hope i have helped.

Amanda xx

((((HUGS)))))))

pinkpenny1uk
05-05-08, 22:40
hiya,

i agree with donna. i think the best thing yo could do is pop to see your doctor for reasurance.

i know from experience as do others that googling is the worst thing you can do.
i had a lot of the same symptoms that you have got and ws worried about having cancer. after having bloods done and seeing my doc it turned out i was suffering from gerd. now i'm on meds for it and feel a whole lot better.

please see your doc. he will get you sorted out, and its better then sitting and worrying.

all the best
pen xx

marie1974
05-05-08, 22:41
please dont worry you are not eating and feeling sick cos you are panicking so much and my nan was old, please dont worry trapped wind is painful, you could be allergic to certain foods or irritable bowel syndrome anything but its not serious hun so dont worry just go docs and put yr mind at rest you will be fine xx

celia davies
05-05-08, 23:00
thanku xx

kazzie
05-05-08, 23:03
Hi:D

Sounds to me like irritable bowel syndrome!!!

Its horrid but not harmful and can be helped with meds:blush:

However Im not a doc so would go and see yours just to be on safe side:yesyes:

My symptoms were just what you describe and thats all it was:blush:

Sure you will be fine:yesyes:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

miss diagnosis
06-05-08, 12:41
hi celia

my dad died of stomach cancer. and although some of the symptoms you have are typical,the actual symptoms are a lot worse. My dad was vomiting blood,couldnt eat anything at all (but wanted to) lost STONES of weight really quickly.

so please dont worry. I went through a phase o f severe stress where i couldnt physically eat for weeks on end.
its way more likely to be that.Also my dad was an alchoholic which was a major factor in the cancer.

marie1974
06-05-08, 14:31
hi miss diagnosis, just wanted to say my nan died of that too and i had same probs after thinknig i had it and i couldnt swallow it was awful but thankfully i am much better now, hope you are not suffering to much .

ps my nan didnt smoke or drink but was over weight and ate lots of wrong foods which didnt help and we think it was 2ndary to bone cancer we found she had too.

miss diagnosis
06-05-08, 14:35
thanks donna.i havent moved on to stomach cancer yet but ive gone through every single other type. Im trying to deal with this horrible health obsession but it seems to have taken me over now. I worry about every little ache :weep:

marie1974
06-05-08, 14:41
aww that sounds horrible i was like that for a while but i do make sure i keep busy most of time so i dont spend to much time thinking, i walk loads every day and keep busy indoors and evenings when its quiet if hubby is busy i read or go on here as it stop my mind wondering to much, but i did find the exercise halfed my anxiety and made me more positive and happy and after few weeks i had loads more energy, pm me anytime hugs xxxxx

pigtailplaits
06-05-08, 21:46
ive also been here - when my MRI scan was clear i was still convinced there was something up with me, i regoogled my symptoms and it came up with stomach cancer. I was not eating (lack of appetite) losing weight quite quickly (stone in a month) having abdominal pains, constipated. I had an x-ray and ultrasound and blood tests and everything was clear. I've moved onto a different type of cancer now - breast cancer. Why is it always cancer?
Anyways, your symptoms really do sound like anxiety. I can imagine stomach cancer to be very painful also there is usually bright red blood in your stools and vomit and seeing as you didnt mention that you probably havent.
Good luck hope you feel better soon.