PDA

View Full Version : new member saying hello

leonard
05-05-08, 22:54
hello to any reader of this message. I have suffered from panic attacks for many years and they control my life style. I cannot break through the barrier to peace and tranquility. Need help and advice from the forum. I am male 50 years old, have 4 children and find the whole situation embarrassing and depressing. I do a fairly good job hiding my problem from my children and close friends. I am self employed and work alone so I am in control of my panic. I find writing this synopsis very embarrissing but hopfully it will be the first step to a deeper understanding of this illness. :weep:

marie1974
05-05-08, 22:58
Hi there and welcome, first of all please dont feel embarrassed we all have different problems here some small some huge but we all help each other and support each other, i think talking about your problems are are best way to start dealing with them and keeping it all inside just makes things worse at times as its all supressed inside. you will get lots of support here and make new friends too xxxxx

leonard
05-05-08, 23:08
Thank you donna for your prompt reply and encouragement. :) leonard

hunny_as
05-05-08, 23:11
hi and welcome,

i am sure you will find lots of help and advice here, dont be embarasses as Donna says we all have differrnt problems and every helps each other here.

Amanda xx

diane07
05-05-08, 23:15
aww leonard,

no need to feel embarrased like donna says we all have our different problems and we are all here to help one another, its a great site which i'm sure you will find.

i hid all my problems from my children all their life which is what makes this site so wonderful, we can actually tell other people what we're going through without it causing any problems to our own home lives.

i wish you well

di xx

eternally optimistic
05-05-08, 23:29
Hi Leonard

Welcome to the site.

Firstly dont be embarrased by your situation, acceptance that it is there
and that it will and can go away, is essential to your recovery.

Although I havent participated too much with replies, I find the forum
has been really helpful in understanding issues I have like so many others.

I think if you shared your worries with people close to you, you will find
that actually lots of people suffer from anxiety and pc more than you think,
that is what I have found.

Best of luck with the future and remember that you MUSNT be ashamed.

Jackie

Cathy V
05-05-08, 23:31
Hi leonard, I'm a new member too and even after only a few days these wonderful people have made me feel so much better.:) I'm sure you will feel the support too. Its like coming to a place where you can just be who you are and not have to hide anything. We can talk about our symptoms and fears and never feel stupid. I'm 54 now and have had anxiety off and on since i was 22. Its taken over my life for most of that time, through 2 marriages and divorces and having 4 wonderful and understanding children...well they're grown men and women now. What i do know through this wonderful forum, is that had it been around all those years ago I might not have needed them now...hope that makes sense! Anyway i hope you get the help and support you need.

Best wishes, Cathy V xx:hugs:

Joe1981
06-05-08, 00:40
:welcome: to the site! :yesyes:

elainefu88
06-05-08, 09:19
hello. Leonard :welcome:
hello.... and welcome...

kellie
06-05-08, 09:32
hiya loenard :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :D . you will get lots of support/advice and reasurance and make some great friends along the way.
bestwishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
06-05-08, 13:52
Hello Leonard And Welcome I Know How You Feel As One Time I Felt Embarssed Also Till I Got More Educated On This Disorder....i Know Its Hard At Times But Just Know There Is Light At The End Of The Tunnel.....i Wish Ya Well...........

Southern_Belle
06-05-08, 14:05
Hi Leonard.

Welcome to the site. I agree with others that if you shared your feelings with your family you might be surprised at the support you might receive. Until then we all know exactly how you feel and you will get information and tons of support here.

Hugs,

Laura

Lilith1980
06-05-08, 16:50
Hi Leonard

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

Pickle
06-05-08, 16:52
Helloooooooooooo Leonard and :welcome:

You'll never feel alone with NMP - too many wonderful and helpful people :hugs:

Take care

x

chalky
07-05-08, 19:46
Hi Leonard,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

dawny
07-05-08, 21:33
welcome to nmp

dawny