PDA

View Full Version : Hello,Everyone,I have a trouble.Could you help me?

elainefu88
06-05-08, 09:41
Hello.Everyone.
I have a problem.Who could help me to solve it.:)

Some sencence from one shop.Now i attached them as following:
To validate your card, we run a $1.01 pre-auth. This pre-auth will never turn into a real charge, but it may appear on your statement. If you have any questions, please contact us before submitting this form.
I don't know the meaning of "$1.01 pre-auth".:weep:

I am looking forward your reply.thank you very much.

Hope 2
06-05-08, 14:22
Hi Elaine :D

Sorry , maybe no one knows the answer . Maybe contact the card company or look on their website for the answer , possibly in the FAQ's section .

Hope xx

bluebell68
06-05-08, 21:12
Hi i think it means that the store is trying to check that your card is valid before you purchase goods and to do this they request authorisation (permission) of a small amount of money ($1.01) to check your card is ok and not a stolen card or lost card... they are telling you that they will not take this money from your bank but it might show on your bank statement. They have just 'pre authd' .. or in other words they are just checking that if you use your card to pay for the goods, that your bank will honour the transaction (pay them the money)... it is just a security check.

Hope that helps
Rachel :)

flowerhorn
07-06-08, 16:39
Hi i think it means that the store is trying to check that your card is valid before you purchase goods and to do this they request authorisation (permission) of a small amount of money ($1.01) to check your card is ok and not a stolen card or lost card... they are telling you that they will not take this money from your bank but it might show on your bank statement. They have just 'pre authd' .. or in other words they are just checking that if you use your card to pay for the goods, that your bank will honour the transaction (pay them the money)... it is just a security check.

Hope that helps
Rachel :)

Yup! I have the same thinking too. Pre-authd might stands for pre-authorized.

eeyorelover
07-06-08, 17:27
I went thru this when I added my Visa to my Paypal account for Ebay.
They take out a small amount and then put it right back in.
It's just to verify the card and doesn't change anything in your account really.
It will appear on your statement as a withdrawl and a deposit but it all zeros out in the end.
xxx
Sandy

milly jones
07-06-08, 21:08
oh how wonderful nmp is !!!!!!!!

millyx

xskababyx
11-06-08, 15:27
Yeah, I had this also when I signed up to Paypal. They basically pretend to deduct a small amount from your bank account, you look at the bank statement and then tell them how much it was/when it was taken out or whatever info they need to know, so then they can authorise it is definately your account!