PDA

View Full Version : Worse when hot?

thevoicewithinme
06-05-08, 09:47
I guess this is yet another stupid question from me, seeing on how I should know by now the symptoms that bring on my panic, but this morning when waking up I found the house particularly warm, after rushing around getting my boyfriends sandwiches etc done for him to go to work, and then sorting out the kids breakfast and getting them ready for school I started to feel even hotter and very woozy headed. Today here, is a very warm sunny day, and on going out to get the boys in the car, my head started swimming and I was literally sweating and then of course the usual thoughts started up with me thinking 'oh god...I can't do the school run feeling like this' but I did do it, because I know I have to.

Now though, I have been back home nearly 45 minutes and I am still very warm, and yes I know its a warm day, have even got all the windows open, but I am also feeling very strange...kinda like I have just woken up from a very deep sleep..my eyes feel as though I need a couple of matchsticks to hold them open and I have no energy whatsoever and am still hot.

Does anyone else feel worse on a warm day? Or is it just me?

Kaz

billywhizz
06-05-08, 10:03
hi,

i must admit that over the last week, ive felt much worse, especially when its been warm, i find that the warmer it is the more im worrying about breathing, its been really muggy where i am an the air quality has been poor, this has only been adding to my anxiety.
Fortunately tho, today although it is warm, the air seems much fresher.

Ur not alone mate, keep ur chin up and drink plenty of cold water.

noonoo
06-05-08, 10:05
Not to do with the weather but as soon as I get into a hot/warm bath, I get panicky. I never used to get like that.

thevoicewithinme
06-05-08, 10:09
Thanks Billy for replying :)

I think, in a strange way, my mind associates me getting panic attacks etc and feeling hot at the same time, so when its a warm day maybe somewhere in the back of my mind it triggers the panic?

Kaz

billywhizz
06-05-08, 10:14
i worry when summer is coming to an end, i always think 'oh no, not winter again, i hate winter' this usually makes me anxious for the first couple of weeks in winter..

..an then in the summer its the same, im never happy me.

I think we just worry to much mate, the weather cant really make us feel worse, just try an enjoy the sun, get urself an ice-cream an put ur flip flops on.

If u ever need to chat, u no where i am.

decca
06-05-08, 10:15
Yea , I used ( fingers crossed ) to get this. My therapist said it's because subconsiously our bodies recognises the change in temperature as a threat signal and therefore starts the fight or flee process. It also occurs during winter months when we go out all wrapped up for cold weather and then go into shops with the heating going full blast, same effect.
Stay cool, dudes , lol.
Cheers
Decca.

hazey-babe
06-05-08, 10:44
Hi,

I don't like being too hot either and when really bad last year was wearing vest tops in winter. Brrrrr.I think if I get too hot then I will faint or collapse. Even though I have never done this. Still not too keen but am coping a bit better this year although we are lucky in Scotland as it is never that hot.

Hope you are feeling better soon Kaz. I think it is quite humid today too and this makes me a bit sleepy and slow. Take care. Well done for doing school run.

Love Hazel xoxox:hugs:

bab
06-05-08, 11:04
I always feel worse when im hot - I used to love summer but i panic that im dehydrated etc

jodie
06-05-08, 12:26
hiya

i to feel much worse when im hot i hate the summer now never used to , my pa,s get worse and i get more palps grrr.i feel much better in the winter .

jodie xx

Wenjoy
08-05-08, 09:58
Me too! I am worse as soon as it gets hot I have my fan on at work, air con on whilst everyone shivers - I panic in the heat - cant breathe etc.and hyperventilate and have to GET OUT! Wenjoy x

thevoicewithinme
08-05-08, 10:12
Thanks for all of your replies :)

Guess you have all pretty much summed up what I thought and plus this week, with the weather being hot, have proved to me its true too...as I am having a really bad week :mad:

Kaz x

kellie
08-05-08, 10:49
hiya kaz. yes the sun does make me feel more tired/woozy headed/breathless. you know it takes our bodys 2 wks to ajust to a temp change if it is sudden. so even ppl who dont suffer will feel the effects of this heat untill they ajust. my hubbie was a sun god untill he started to have anx /pa and now he carnt stand it when its too hot, he says it makes him breathless and have no energy. he has been not happy the last few days as it has gotten warmer.
take care.

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

honeybee
08-05-08, 11:21
hiya. I also hate hot weather. Although I love the sunshine. My ideal temp would be about 17c with a cool breeze. Being hot certainly makes my anxiety worse - it makes me feel claustraphobic as strange as it sounds

Tony1980
08-05-08, 11:30
I went out for a run the other day in the heat for only about 12 minutes before giving up due to fatigue and worry about myself collapsing or something stupid like that. Later on, the same day, went out for a run in the cool evening for 38 minutes and came back a little tired but nowhere near the amount of panic I had in the heat of the day. The last holiday I went on to Gran Canaria, I had to stop and try to cool down cos in the heat I thought I'd collapse - of course, no such thing happened - so I realise it's just sensations of panic that bring the attacks on so I hope I can eventually see past the potential threats and brush off the sensations.

cassi23
12-05-08, 14:13
I am so so glad i have found this post.

Since the hot weather my p/a's seem to have returned where I have been 4,nearly 5 months without one!

I have found all my bad thoughts returned too, and due to the panick symptoms/feelings I really thought there was something serious wrong with me/i was going to die again!

Did wonder if its due to heat recently, i dont want to hate summer,iv looked forward to it all year!

char xxxxx

thevoicewithinme
12-05-08, 14:28
That's the hardest part...we all look forward to summer, and then the sudden increase in heat makes us worse :ohmy:

I am hoping that as my body gets used to the sudden increase in temperature, I will start to feel a bit better, although saying that, I am not finding it as hard this week.

Kaz

heatwave
12-05-08, 17:59
I used to love the Summer. Not now. I like it dry with plenty of sunshine and warm but not too hot. I felt awful yesterday. I went to my in laws for Sunday dinner and was almost sick at the table. It was panic of course. I was too hot and it was a hot dinner. I could feel the panic rising and wanted to run. I stayed where I was though and it subsided. I was really scared though.

I don't like Winter either as I feel really cold then!

love
Sue

mumof4
12-05-08, 18:05
i am the same i think when its too hot that i will faint never have though but it does make me worse.

even in the house i dont like the heating on to long incase i will faint or if im in someone house and the heating is on and its too warm makes me panic aswell.