PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Trixie
06-05-08, 19:20
My name is Trixie (it isn't really it was our dogs name). I have been suffering from depression and anxiety

I am on Cipralex 5mg per day. The thing is I am not sure at the moment if it is just a blip in my character (I am usually an extrovert and very laid back) or is caused by my brain tumour (menigioma) which I understand can cause a change in the personality amongst things.

All I know is is that I am fed up feeling this way.:ohmy:

marie1974
06-05-08, 19:42
hi trixie and welcome i had a dog along time ago called trixie too, you will get loads of advice and support here and make new friends too xxxx

Pickle
06-05-08, 20:23
Hi Trixie :welcome: to NMP. It's a great site full of information and great people who are always around to support you during the tough times

:hugs:

x

Trixie
06-05-08, 21:23
Thank you both it is nice to hear from someone who is going through the same thing.:D

Lilith1980
06-05-08, 21:24
Hi Trixie

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

decca
06-05-08, 21:41
Hi Trixie and welcome to NMP,
Sorry to hear you're going through such a bad time at the moment , we all wish you a speedy recovery from your tumour.
I expect your consultant has said this already but it depends where the Meningioma is whether it effects your behaviour and personality , it's usually the ones sited in the front of the brain that has this effect.
God bess,
Decca.

Trixie
07-05-08, 06:26
Hi Trixie and welcome to NMP,
Sorry to hear you're going through such a bad time at the moment , we all wish you a speedy recovery from your tumour.
I expect your consultant has said this already but it depends where the Meningioma is whether it effects your behaviour and personality , it's usually the ones sited in the front of the brain that has this effect.
God bess,
Decca.

Yes that's exactly where mine is:mad: (posterior frontal parafalcine) but I am hoping it is just a blip in my personality and nothing to do with that thing.

I am normally a laid back extrovert who could talk and laugh for Britain.:yahoo:

Trixie

kellie
07-05-08, 09:48
hiya Trixie :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice and reasurance from this great site and all the lovely ppl who use it. hope to talk to you in chat soon
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Trixie
07-05-08, 11:12
My daughter suffers from OCD, social paranoia, agraphobia, depression, anxiety, insomnia, and use to self harm. I am her carer and this is another reason why I want to get back to my old self.:)

kellie
07-05-08, 11:34
big big hugs for you trixie hun :bighug1: :bighug1: . i know how you feel i have 3 girls myself and after 3 family deaths in a year it left 2 of them struggleing very badly to cope. my oldest girl who was 16 at the time developed ocd/panic attacks/depression/anxitey and social phobia. she is getting much better but at times of stress i see these things rearing there ugly head again. my youngest girls who is now 15 is still struggleing quite bad, she has depression/anx/panic attacks/school phobia/and a fear of dieing in her sleep ( so she dont sleep much)and i know how very hard going it can be when you dont feel good yourself. i have always been like you, very out going and can talk and laugh for england. i just want things to go back to the way they were 2 years ago befor the deaths and im hopeing one day we will all get there. stay postive hun this can be overcome im sure.
lots of love and happiness to you and your daughter.
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pm me any time you would like to talk xxxx

Trixie
07-05-08, 12:02
big big hugs for you trixie hun :bighug1: :bighug1: . i know how you feel i have 3 girls myself and after 3 family deaths in a year it left 2 of them struggleing very badly to cope. my oldest girl who was 16 at the time developed ocd/panic attacks/depression/anxitey and social phobia. she is getting much better but at times of stress i see these things rearing there ugly head again. my youngest girls who is now 15 is still struggleing quite bad, she has depression/anx/panic attacks/school phobia/and a fear of dieing in her sleep ( so she dont sleep much)and i know how very hard going it can be when you dont feel good yourself. i have always been like you, very out going and can talk and laugh for england. i just want things to go back to the way they were 2 years ago befor the deaths and im hopeing one day we will all get there. stay postive hun this can be overcome im sure.
lots of love and happiness to you and your daughter.
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: .

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pm me any time you would like to talk xxxx

My daughter is 24 soon and has been like this since before she did her A-levels. She doesn't leave the house and only has contact with myself and her brother and immediate family. Fortunately when she is OK she has a brilliant sense of humour (like me).

Her father died suddenly a few years ago so I am her only parent. It is amazing how some people sail through life with no worries at all and the rest of us:ohmy:

Lindalou64
07-05-08, 12:46
Hello Trixie And Welcome....i Wish Ya Well.......linda

chalky
07-05-08, 17:49
Hi Trixie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Trixie
07-05-08, 21:05
Hi Trixie,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Thank you very much.:)

Joe1981
10-05-08, 05:22
:welcome: to the site! :yesyes: