PDA

View Full Version : hello

janzenz
07-05-08, 07:07
My name is Vashti. I am not exactly new to this site as have been referring to it now since i had what one can only term a relapse of sorts... That was in early March of this year.Though i am not anywhere near as bad as i was 18 years ago when i had my first contact with 'IT'.
I have had contact with 'IT' several times in the ensuing years, but am still here and still getting on with life.
The internet is ceratinly amazing. How much easier would my first encounter with 'IT' and all its symptoms have been if i had been able to access a web site such as this. We are certainly blessed. Although, i did go through a bit of a google stage but have not done this now since i found this site. And i have to say am much better for it. So if you are tempted to google, do not or else make sure the sites you go to are reputable.
Anhow, my 'IT' is my heart palpatations, or more correctly my missed beats, thumps, bumps, jumps etc... HAve had this sympton since the beginning as well as so many others, but it is the one for me that sends me to the brink at times. I can go for a while where they are not a worry, but then they can come back in a slightly different guise and i am back on the panic/anxiety roundabout again.
This time when i get them have been having this awful burning feeling/sensation that sometimes is small but other times huge, and it just goes through me like a heat wave, even my ears burn!!! And i am getting that symptom even with just a small thump or bump!!!
And i have been back to the cardioligist, had an echo, ECG's etc. All ok.
Apart from my 'IT' i am a registered nurse (finished my studies 2 years ago). A mother of three, 22,20 and 9, a friend, respite care worker for disabled children, single, 38 (well 39 next month), live in Australia (born here), lived in London for 8 years when i was young......
SO, thanks again for a great site. And please feel free to contact me.

bluebell68
07-05-08, 09:09
Hi Vashti...:welcome: to NMP, im glad that you found us and are finding the site helpful.. im fairly new too and have met some fantastic people here who have given me so much support..... i wish i had access to the site 3 years ago when i suffered my first bout of panic and anx.... it makes a difference having people who understand and who don't think me crazy LOL :wacko: ..... please keep posting
:hugs:
Rachel

marie1974
07-05-08, 09:44
hello and welcome xxxx

kellie
07-05-08, 09:49
hiya Vashti :welcome: to nmp its lovely to have you here :biggrin: . you will get lots of support/advice and reasurance from this great site and all the lovely ppl who use it. hope to talk to you in chat soon
best wishes
take care :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

kellie.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Lindalou64
07-05-08, 12:49
Hello Vashti And Welcome.......i Wish Ya Well............linda

chalky
07-05-08, 17:51
Hi Vashti,

Welcome to the Forum.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

You will get loads of support and advice here.
Best wishes,
Chalky

Joe1981
10-05-08, 05:24
:welcome: to the site! :yesyes:

jimmytheshark
10-05-08, 12:19
hi jan, welcome to the site, its a great place to be.
jimmy.

Lilith1980
10-05-08, 15:22
Hi Vashti

Welcome to NMP :)

Jo xxxxx

popsy
12-05-08, 12:25
:welcome: and :bighug1:
Charlie x x x x

julieb
12-05-08, 18:24