PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Licken!!!

doodah
07-05-08, 15:42
Gawd! I'll swear the story of Chicken Licken - (the little chicken who had an acorn fall on his head and thought the sky was falling in was based on me!) :blush:

It started this morning when I walked to my local shops (2nd time this week and I haven't done that for a couple of years on my own!). The sun was really blazing and glorious. I think I hurried more this time than last but hey ho. When I got home I decided I'd get out in the garden and start sorting the weeds/spuds etc out. Welllllll - the sky started to cloud over and it looked VERY dark - that's when Chicken Licken kicked in. I thought it was going to thunder and lighten and, in the back of my mind, was thinking - don't touch anything metal - get your wellies on to ground yourself - oh heck! if it's going to pour with rain the spiders are going to start legging it into the house!!:blush: Grrrr!! Then I started with a headache and felt my face go numb and 101 other physical symptoms.:wacko:

Needless to say it HASN'T thundered and it HASN'T rained - all of this just because a cloud went in front of the sun for longer than normal!!!:shrug:

I learned a good lesson tho - stop dwelling on silly things and just get on with it!

I wonder if anyone else is like me - I'm also like a walking-barometer! I really DO get affected by the weather physically and can cope with that (I think!).

Wendy xx:wacko:

milly jones
07-05-08, 16:02
hey wendy,
i worry bout the daftest things , were all in the same boat. mine are often totally irrational or silly facts i feel i should remember.

in my rational state i can reason with myself and think about 'what would be the worse thing that could happen' and deal with it.

at 2am in my irrational state when the morning seems a lifetime away its easy to blow things up out of proportion and scare myself witless.

well chicken licken i will try and think od u and not let silly ideas worry me,
welcome to my dreams lol,

milly x

popsy
07-05-08, 16:10
Bless, you sound so like me!!!
I'm almost suprised when a bus passes me while im walking on a path by the road side and it dosent suddenly swerve for no reason and run me down!!! I cant count the number of times ive thought, 'well this is it' and braced myself to be mown down, but of course the bus just carries on its journey leaving me standing there with my eyes closed by the side of the road looking like a right lemon!!! I guess at least we can laugh at ourselves!!! xxx

doodah
07-05-08, 17:25
Tee hee milly and popsy! Yep - it IS a good job we can laugh at ourselves isn't it! I was thinking about Pavlov and his dogs too (after I'd thought about the sky falling down!!). Seems we're all very animal-like withour basic instincts, eh? Fight or flight etc!

Take care both,

Wendy xxxxxxxxxxx