PDA

View Full Version : Feeling very hot with venlafaxine 150 mg x 2

breakingoutthistime
07-05-08, 16:13
Take venlafaxine 150 mg a day although am going to come off them very soon as they arent doing anything for me now.
Problem is over heating feel overly hot even when dont need to be its been this way for years.
When its like 24 c which is hot enough feel lilke am in a hell literally get so hot.
Would this be venlafaxine or propanolol or both? As take both.

jo61
07-05-08, 20:07
I'm finally off venlafaxine after 4 attempts. When I was on it I did over-heat so I think it's a common side effect.

Cathy V
07-05-08, 20:40
I don't know about Venalfaxine but ive been taking propranolol since last november (80mg in slow-release pill daily) and the side effects for me are weight gain and low energy (sometimes i feel really strange just climbing the stairs) and hot flushes. So it could be the propranolol. Ive tried to come off them recently but found that i was actually having withrawal anxiety and my ectopics came back with a vengeance...not too surprising really since the propranolol slows down the heart! So back on them i went, but my ectopics are still with me unfortunately, just not as strong as when i attempt to stop taking the propranolol...vicious circle:shrug:

Ive been told that its one of the older betablockers and does have many side effects for some people, but that there are much newer betablockers with none of the problems, so i'm off to talk about it with my doc on friday to see if i can change over to another. Hope this helps a bit :blush:

Regards
Cathy x

Cathy V
07-05-08, 20:44
To Jo, when you say it took 4 attempts to come off venalfaxine, what was the problem? did you have bad withdrawal symtoms. I can't seem to come off propranolol because of the extreme anxiety...almost like coming off tranquilisers:wacko: !!

Cathy x

jo61
08-05-08, 09:57
I had particular problems coming off VEnlafaxine, every time I cut down I struggled; but when my shrink introduced Prozac in its place it's now nearly 2 weeks since I've taken any so reckon I've cracked it fingers crossed anyway :yesyes:

breakingoutthistime
10-05-08, 12:44
joe if am on 150 mg a day what is a good way to finally come of them
reducing 75 etc then 35
eliminating the beads from the capsule
eliminating days miss a pill out every second day?
Just am wanting to come off to have been on them for three years and they really are a nightmare when miss a dose etc there the hardest drugs to come off apparently as far as anti depressants go.

jo61
11-05-08, 09:59
What I did was to come down to 75 very slowly. Then I started cutting out days, eventually got to every second day, then every third day. When I tried to cut it further I struggled again. Unfortunately the 37.5mg isn't available in extended release in this country and the regular one made me very nauseous. I didn't go down the route of taking out beads but my psych put me on a programme over 2 months of gradually replacing it with Prozac which actually did me some good! I haven't taken Effexor for 2 weeks now so reckon I've cracked it :yesyes: Happy to take prozac a couple of times a week for a while and then come off it. It has a very long half life so it'll be easy to come off when the time is right. I did find it frustrating to be on something that was doing nothing for me and then not being able to get off it, but now I have.

Good luck and let me know how you get on.:hugs: