PDA

View Full Version : Im So Upset

smudgie
07-05-08, 19:40
Hi All

I moved 2mths ago and thought at last we got away and feel peace, ive started to get better and panic attacks have lessoned.

Unfortunately our new nieghbour dosnt like cats and has been giving them a hard time, im doing all i can to stop them going into his garden.
Ive had one cats very ill and wondered if it was him.

Tonight i got home to him waiting for me shouting and waving his finger at me telling me he is going to get nasty from now on.
He has brought back the panic attacks and im afraid to leave the cats, his shouting has frightened me so much, im going to be worrying about them all the time and i dont know what to do
Im breaking my heart they are my babies, please help me

marie1974
07-05-08, 19:45
aww ness im sorry, not sure what advice i can give but if this guy keeps harrassing you over it tell the police and if your cats get sick then get vet to test it incased he trying to poison the cat you never know. i hate people like that but just try ignore him and next time he says something tell him what ever you have ad enough and you will report him if he carrys on.

i hope you get back to being happy and positive dont let this stupid man put you back when you were doing so well hun, hugs xxxx

bluebell68
07-05-08, 20:07
Hi Smudgie... this guy sounds like an intoleorant idiot.... how are you supposed to keep your cats out of his garden, it impossible and totally unreasonable of him to expect this... i agree with Donna, what he is doing is harassment and i would report him if it carries on.... there are many things that my neighbours have done in the past which i have found annoying but unless we want to live in the middle of a field or forrest, we are gonna have to compromise and make allowences in order to get along with eachother....

Our road is full of cats, dogs, kids etc, ive got 3 cats and two dogs..... but one of my neighbours has a son with a noisy motorbike, one has a dog that barks off and on, one neighbour insists on mowing his lawn at 7.30 on a sunday morning, (every sunday thru the summer) and the family over the back have really loud parties in the garden, summer and winter...i could go on.... all of which i find annoying but "live and let live" i say... don't let this mean minded man throw you off course.. he is the one with the problem, not you...
Take Care
Rachel

lorac
07-05-08, 20:35
Ness

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with this ignorant man, some people just can't put up with anything. I used to live next to people like that, they hated my cats and hated my dogs and of course one of my dogs used to love jumping the fence and getting into their garden and they used to make such a big song and dance when the cats went over. Ness we shouldn't let these people make our lives miserable just try and ignore him he will get fed up with it and move on to something else soon, these types always do.

We now live next door to a strange but nicer lady who doesn't really like cats so she has hung chairs and tables in her hedge so my cats don't go over, not sure it works but at least she is trying to solve the problem without words.
People are strange.

Love Carol x

smudgie
07-05-08, 21:06
Thanks for replying, he is so nasty and ignorent, he said put them in a cage like you would with hamsters.

Im just so worried that it will get worse and i feel like running. I have moved away to get peace in my life and it just seems to follow me around.

im so worried that this will start my panics again, ive had 2 tonight already and having to go to bed with a migraine which is stress.

thank you so much
nessx

kazzie
07-05-08, 21:16
Hi Ness:hugs:

I really feel for you having recently lost two of my cats to a cat hating person who took 10 in all and relocated them:weep:

Please do go to the police and report him.....they will take the matter seriously.

There is an electric device that you can get that omits a sound only audible to cats that keeps them away......I think they are about £40 I realise he wont pay for it but if you are ok financially maybe you could tell him you will buy one (not that I think you should have to) but if it restores the peace it may be an idea!!!

You can also get lion dung pelletts from the garden centre thats supposed to keep cats away

Take Care and I hope it gets sorted for you

Kaz x x x:hugs:

marie1974
07-05-08, 21:17
hi ness you must not let him get to you, you are doing so well and i know wot you mean about moving for quiet life. mayb put a letter through his door explaining you suffer panic attacks and moved here for quiet life and while u understand that he dont like cats you are doing your best to keep them away and just be nice about it and make a copy for yourself and hopefully he may back off if not go to police and you have yr note to show them that you have tried being reasonable. xxxxxxx just a thought

alihud
07-05-08, 21:21
Ness there are some really intolorent people about.I have 4 dogs and yes they do bark like dogs do but i try and stop them straight away to avoid stressing the neighbours.If your neighbour doesn't want cats in his garden could u not suggest he puts some cat deterrent in there?Lots of things about that won't harm the cats.Just keep saying you have every right to have your cats and keep on saying this.I'm so sorry you have moved out of one bad situation into another no wonder you're feeling panicky again.I had terrible neighbours in one house i lived in i am now so wary of any neighbours now.If he carries on bothering you i would get the police involved.Hugs to you.
Ali xxx

dawny
07-05-08, 21:31
ness,

when he shouts at you please try and ignore him, dont reply or catch eye contact.....totally ignore him as if he isnt there.....
....i lived next door to a wicked old woman for ten years, she made everyone in my house lives hell, but i learnt to keep my mouth shut and she eventually got the message and left us alone.

i feel in my heart for you, cause i know what your going through. dont let him make you ill, you have no control over where your cats go......so there is nothing you can do to stop them going in his garden or anywhere else.

i hope things work out ness

dawny xxxxxx

Tony1980
07-05-08, 23:39
The cats aren't the problem, he is. If someone harmed my cats and I knew who it was they'd have to keep looking over their shoulder for the rest of their days. Sorry, but I hate people who think it's OK to treat defenceless animals bad and they deserve a right good kicking if they harm people's pets.
If he carries on though, report him to the local authorities and spread the word about what an evil so and so he is to the other neighbours you trust.

Bill
08-05-08, 02:56
Hello Ness,

I'm Sorry to hear you're getting this hassle!:bighug1:

Just to add to the others advice, there are lots of ways to deter cats from his garden without resorting to being nasty although my guess is that his bark is probably worse than his bite because he's just been so used to being cat free but like the others say, warn him you'll take action if he dares to take it further.:bighug1:

smudgie
08-05-08, 07:53
Hi Everybody
thank you so much for your kind and supportive relpies.

i went to the garden centre 2 weeks ago and brought him repelent and told him what to do.
What he also wont understand is that its not only my cats, others use it to.
He said previously that he throw water their way but would hit them with newspaper if he could get close enough i did tell him then that if i find out he has hit them i would go to police.According to the RSPCA i can be made to put them in a run, omg no way, i will have to move.

im going to ring the police today and log the complaint especially the "its going to get nasty from now", I have witness. i think this is classed as a threat. plus i have proof from the vets about the recent bout of illness one has had, i will be speaking to the vet to see if he thinks the cat was poisoned.

The problem is am now not used to me shouted at by a man, my chris never shouts or raises his voice , not once, its brought back so many memories for me and the night has been long. panic attacks , migraine have plagued me all night.
Today I have woke up knowing i have to go out and afraid to go out the frontdoor, the cats are locked in and are confused.

i guess we will never be free of people who think they can push others around.
The idea a bout a note to him is good but im telling him about a button he can push and could actually make things worse.

thank you all,
love
nessxxxxxxx

jackie13
08-05-08, 08:46
Hi there

I was so annoyed reading about the problems you are having at the moment. You have done so well and this idiot might undo all that. I am a cat lover and know what you feel like. Stand up to him, tell him that if he continues to harrass you or harms your pets in anyway you will call the authorities, they can fine him if they have sufficient evidence. Other than that, hit him with a large piece of wood and put him in a cage for a couple of hours and see how he likes it. xx

Karen
08-05-08, 10:10
Hi Ness

Sorry you are these problems with your neighbour :hugs:

I don't have a lot to add to the good suggestions that have already been made. There are lots of humane deterents your neighbour can put in his garden to deter cats but it seems he just wants to cause problems.

I'm with the others I think and would make a complaint for harrassment if this continues. You certainly don't need the extra stress.

Thinking of you Ness :hugs:

Karen xx

kellie
08-05-08, 11:34
hiya hun. tell ur bad mouthed ignorant man next door to put moth balls on him lawn for a few wks. cat detest them and will keep away and they are very cheap. tell him to stick some in his gob while he is at it. sorry but ppl like him make me so angry
dont let his silly ranting get you down just ignore him as best you can and remind him there are large fines and prison sentances for ppl like him who are cruel to animals.
take care hun :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
kellie.xxxxxxxxxxx

marie1974
08-05-08, 11:41
hi ness yeah i see your point about note sorry didnt think of it like that, i hope you manage to get it sorted sounds a nightmare xxxxxxxx

Tony1980
08-05-08, 11:42
LOL! "tell him to stick some (moth balls) in his gob"...haha.
Made me chuckle! :yesyes:

Lindalou64
08-05-08, 13:29
Hello Ness Sorry To Hear Whats Going On.....i Would Call Police For Sure....and As Kellie Said About The Mothballs Sounds Good But Check With Vet First About Mothballs Dont Think It Harms Cats....i Know We UsE them Here In The States To Keep Skunks Out Of Yard......i Wish Ya Well Ness DonT Let This Man Get Too You Fight For Ya Rights...........best Of Luck............linda Xxx

milly jones
08-05-08, 13:51
hey ness,

got no words of wisdom just wanted to send u a hug

mill x

smudgie
08-05-08, 19:31
Hi to all of you I just want to say a big thank you, i dont normally post but i feel so bad.

I went to the police this morning 9 oclock on the dot. told them what happened and they have logged it but said they cant do anything as i have no evidence but if anything goes wrong again they now where to go.They gave me some advise and asked me to put up some chicken wire to stop her from going in there, hubby is putting it up now.

I have just phoned my vets and the mothballs are ok so off i will go tomorrow to get some. thanks for that.

I feel so supported my you guys i felt stupid last night posting it but im so scared, i know you got worse things going on.

Ive had another panic attack today and have phoned my hubby 5 times to make sure the cats are ok and safe, im so worried this going to effect my health.

love to you all
nessxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:hugs: :hugs:

nikk_dolittle
08-05-08, 22:33
Dear Ness,

You know what I have said about this, but just wanted to send you Big hugs
:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1:

I'll give you a real one when we meet again!

Take care and give me a shout with anything
Nikk xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:noangel:

milly jones
09-05-08, 11:01
Ness ur doing all that u can to try and stop any further hassle. Try not to worry lovely, but i know its hard.

Hugs to u

Mill xx

ps your problems are just as important as anyone elses because ur just as important as anyone else hun. Doesnt matter what the worry is, its worrying u, take care ness x

marie1974
09-05-08, 11:31
welldone going to police and the chicken wire is a good idea, i am sure this will all get sorted hugs xxxxxxxxxx

Catwoman
09-05-08, 13:53
I work for a council, so as well as reporting him to the police see if your local council has a community safety unit, and report him to that as well.
His behaviour is repulsive and I do feel for you. x

smudgie
14-05-08, 20:52
Hi all

Thank you for your posts you have been extremely supportive. I have taken on board all you have said and will being making sure he dosnt harm a hair on their little bodies.

We had probs again since I last posted but i just ignored him. Although the cat is ill again.
Ive rang the RSPCA , police and informed the vet of course.
My fear is for my cats first of course but what it is actually doing is tearing me apart inside and im afraid it will cause a relapse.

Take care all
big hugs
nessxxxxxx

Karen
14-05-08, 21:16
I'm so sorry you are still having these hassles with your neighbour Ness. I hope the RSPCA, police and council can help you sort it out between them.

We are here for you :hugs:

Karen xx

smudgie
14-05-08, 21:30
Thanks Karen

Life is a B****.

love
nessxxxxxxxx

marie1974
14-05-08, 21:46
hi ness what a nightmare i do hope this horrid man stop this horrid behaviour, i would be furious. your poor cats, i love cats i had 2 and luckily never had any problems but its hard to know wot to do for the best as its hard to control cats as they go where they want but mayb the chicken wire may do the trick. hugs to you and your cats xxxx