PDA

View Full Version : doctors tiday

milly jones
08-05-08, 09:27
please,got doctors at 11 am im scared cos i think hes going to say ill have to go back to work and i dint know how to tell him i dont feel ready without him thinking im being lazy.

how do i say altho i do have soem up days i stil find life evry difficult? yesterday was great but this morning ive woken with a heavy head. ive been to the loo loads and that scarey feeling of panic is brewing. im trying to relax and breathe slowly, but the ciughing is coming with the baulks and i dont seem to be able to relax.

please any ideas other than water and breathing, please?

how do i stand up for myself and speak?

mill

milly jones
08-05-08, 09:42
please is anybody there?

thevoicewithinme
08-05-08, 09:49
Hi Milly I am here. I know its so hard at times to tell the doctor exactly how you are feeling, but you have to be true to yourself. Tell him exactly how you are feeling, tell him what you have just told us on here. Even if you break down in tears in front of him, don't worry about it. I did just that yesterday with my doctor.

That awful knot in your stomach and the feeling of fear is not going to hurt you, you know deep down that it won't, but I also know how hard it is to believe that when feeling like it.

Carry on sipping cold water, and try to keep yourself occupied, I find that this helps to take my mind off of how I am feeling.

Sorry I cant be of much use hun, but I am thinking of you...and please let me know how you get on.

Kaz xxx

milly jones
08-05-08, 12:09
sorry to be such a wuss. feel really ashamed about getting in such a state now. thanks for replying Kaz. sorry to have run away.

doc signed me off 2 weeks without saying anything re work.

just wish i could stop getting myself worked up about talking to people, sorry again

millyx

thevoicewithinme
08-05-08, 12:12
I think most of us feel ashamed with the way we feel at times. I know this morning I was very angry and upset with myself for having a panic attack at my boys school, kind of felt what's the point of going on...but now I have calmed down I can see past that.

No need to apologise either Milly, am just glad that you managed to get to the doctors ok.

Kaz xx

Hope 2
08-05-08, 13:03
Hi Milly :D

Just seen yr post . I wanna say well done for this am . I really understand the shame you feel for being this way . I am the same . I learnt to my cost recently what can happen if we don't share how we REALLY feel to GP etc . So u go girl ....... keep on being as open as possible . I won't hold back ever again cos of wot happened with me :blush: . You can't help how you are . You didn't ask for this did yah xx Take it easy and try to not be so hard on yourself . Make the most of the time away from work hun to get yr sh*t together :hugs:

Take care
You have made loads of chums on here chick so never be worried about asking for help .... you r there for them too right ? xx
Hope xx

Lindalou64
08-05-08, 13:17
Hey Milly Good Job For Going And No Need To Be Sorry Its Just Ya Anxiety Got The Best Of You...people Who Dont Have Anxiety Disorder Get Anxiety Tellin There Doc Things Like There God Ect!! I Do !! But Have Leaned Over The Years Im Human Just As Much As They Are So I Do Speak Up Now Not Easy No But Need To Be Done And You Will Also Next Time Write Down What Ya Wanna Say And Bring It With You Or Read It Before Going In ....it Helps....your A Nice Lady Milly I Wish Ya Well Hun...........linda Xxx

milly jones
08-05-08, 13:54
Thanks for all your kind words of support,
mill x

marie1974
08-05-08, 14:40
hi milly def just be honest with doc and he will understand, dont be scared. hugs xxxxxxxxx

popsy
08-05-08, 15:17
Milly, only just seen this thread, well done sweetheart :bighug1: