PDA

View Full Version : Not having a good day---need some support!

jellybean43
08-05-08, 13:59
Hi
Crikey I dont want to admit this but i am having a rubbish day and i have googled rash ---yes sorry guys i dont know why the heck i did this----related to lymphoma and went cold when i read the stuff!!!
I have, today, a rash on both arms----have sat out in sun the last couple of days and it did start yesterday whilst in the sun.
It doesnt itch but today looks like tiny pin prick red spots.I did put on a sun cream that we have had for years and maybe i could be allergic to this as no date on it?
I have kept out of sun today. Granted it doesnt itch and is on both arms which were the only bit of me exposed to the sun.
Why the heck am i doing this to myself????
I have been ok for a few weeks---and now back to square one.
Today, though i havent been out on a walk and just had a "chill" day.
I dont think days like this do me any good.
Plus, starting feeling my groin area and thinking is that a swelling or not or was it there before.Awww crikey someone calm me down please xxxx

milly jones
08-05-08, 14:10
hey jellybean,

calm down. no googling allowed!

my son has had a small pin prick rash all over arms and trunk. this came up at the weekend. i put e45 cream on it and he took some piriton. hes fine now.

hope this helps,

mill

Blackstar
08-05-08, 14:21
Hey Jellybean,

Sounds like you're having a really rough day...not good :weep:

But Milly's right, close Google and do something to distract yourself. My therapist told me to sing when I felt anxious, as it's hard to overbreathe when you sing and it makes you feel a bit better.

Or, go round the room grinning as widely as possible at all the furniture. That usually makes me chuckle despite the anxiety and so feel a bit less wired.

I'm sure the rash is nothing sinister - you made the link yourself between the rash and the sun! Milly had another good point, why not go to your local pharmacy? They will probably have seen it loads and have something to soothe it.

Take care!

Anna. x :)

marie1974
08-05-08, 14:25
:hugs: jellybean dont panic

bottleblond
08-05-08, 14:35
Jelly

Did i just see the word google on your post? :ohmy: Naughty!! Lol.

Look hun, it's probably just a heat rash or something. Like Milly, my son gets the same too.

I promise you it's nothing to worry about. give it a couple of days and i bet it's all gone.

Love and hugs to you
:bighug1:

Lisa
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Emira7
08-05-08, 14:45
Hmmm Jelly, i thought we had a ruling on this board that says googling is banned?! lol:winks:

I would says its from the sun my love, heat rash. You can try takin a antihistamine to stop the itching.

I have suffered with rashes for years, please don't worry.

And lastly a big huge cuddle from to you

:bighug1::flowers:

jellybean43
08-05-08, 14:50
Thanks everyone for the replies.
I dont know what came over me googling---I honestly havent done it for ages!! The rash isnt itching and just looks like a tiny pin prick spots.
I think some days i am in a right panic and other days i am 100% ok!!!!
I have now gone through all the symptoms of lymphoma again and the only one i have is the swelling on neck(which hey no one else can see or feel including 3 docs!!!) ----but could now convince myself i have some of the others. You know fatigue and the rest LOL!!!!!

The thing is i am going to see my parents again tomorrow---long story but hadnt seen them for 10 years til they contacted me at Xmas.
I, as you can imagine, find this very very stressful!!!!Plus my mum(yeah she is 74 so i can make excuses for her!!) does nothing but talk about my bro who she does everything for----and he is 41! He has never lost touch with them and therefore all is rosey for him. I know all this sounds petty(when i read it back) but it still gets to me. I am hoping the CBT can sort my head out on this issue xxxx

FreeFalling
08-05-08, 14:53
Hi Jellybean,

I ditto what everyone else is saying ...first of all try and calm down.

It is most likely just a reaction to the sun , heat , and the lotion.

It happens to me over here in the US when we start getting our first good sunny days.

I'm also on some meds that make me more sensitive to the sun.

You could put some aloe on it , that always calms my skin.

Or take a bath in Aveeno soothing bath treatment ( don't know if you carry it in the UK ) .

Try to keep yourself busy...some music , a soothing bath...You're going to be just fine...with a name like Jellybean, how can one not be fine ?!!

Take good care,
~Rebecca

ellida
08-05-08, 16:28
I can only repeat what all the wise posts have already said - sounds like prickly heat to me too! A cool compress or flannel might help and here's a virtual :bighug1:to help a little bit too!

Exx

kellie
08-05-08, 16:56
jellybean i answered ur post about the sun and the rash did you not read it hun ? and omg you googled:ohmy: :ohmy: you naughty naughty girl lol as a punishment im not talking to you for a least 2 hours lol. your skin is just reacting to its first rays of the sun get some camoline lotion from the chemist and apply that to the rash, and some new sun cream i doubt that one is still working ok. if you google again ill be rolling up me sleeves and hunting you down with me frying pan:roflmao:
big hugs for you hun:bighug1: :bighug1: :bighug1: .
take care

kellie .xxxxxxxxxxxxx

jellybean43
08-05-08, 17:24
LOL KELLIE!!!!!!
Sorry hun I did read your reply thanks but for some blasted reason today i have a really rubbish day.
I have now imagined sore throat, fatigue----the whole lot of symptoms.--------plus back ache!!!
I have honestly not google since Xmas---I dont know what came over me but i wont be doing again.I felt the same fear that i felt back then.
Yes, the rash is looking a lot better now i am cooler---sitting in the back room with just my bra on and hey(hope my neighbour is not having a look LOL!!!).I put E45 on and will get some camomile tomorrow.
I really think i am in a totally stressed out mode cos of my impending visit tomorrow!!!!
Does that sound crazy???
Nothing to do with the rash but it has put me in a totally stressed out depressed mood.I have not had a day in the house for 2 weeks so thought i would chill out today----big mistake as i need to keep busy!!!
Thanks for everyones support:hugs: