PDA

View Full Version : Feeling scared...

ellida
08-05-08, 14:55
Hi all - I would like some advice as I'm v concerned about an uncomfortable spot on my lower gum, just beneath by front teeth, under where the bone protrudes a little.A bit of history first: I had an ulcer inside my front lip (in a different place to where it hurts now) which was v painful and came and went for around 5 weeks. My GP said she wasn't concerned and the ulcer eventually went away. However, since then, I've had this sore feeling as described above, and I can only ascribe it to a small reddened area in the same place. It is not sore to the touch but feels uncomfortable, as an ulcer would feel. Again, my GP has said she can't see anything and I went to see my dentist yesterday who took a look. He said that there was a small red patch but he wasn't concerned and it definitively wasn't cancer, but I might get an ulcer. I've now had this for around 6 weeks and a very worried that the medical advice I'm getting is wrong - should I go back again or leave this for a little longer. Sorry to trouble you when so many folks are being so brave, but I'm not feeling too brave at the moment...

Vinny
08-05-08, 15:28
Please try not to worry, the doctors and dentist have said it's not cancer. If it turns out to be another ulcer it can be easily treated.
The trouble is we focus so much on aches and pains that they appear far worse than they really are. I bet if you forget about your gums the pain will go away.

Take care x

hunny_as
08-05-08, 15:52
hi ya as vinny said above please try not to worry, i am sure your dentist knows what hes talking about.

agin i agree with vinny we do tened to make pains feel appear far worse then they really are.

give it a while and if the pain persieced then go back to see your dentist.

but please dont worry we always jump to the worse case to quickly

amanda xx ((((((hugs))))))

ellida
09-05-08, 09:56
thank you for your wise words........I'm trying very hard to be sensible but this is still playing on my mind..........sigh........I keep checking inside my mouth cos I'm convinced I've missed sth or my doctors have! aaagh........hate this HA!! Hopefully I can relax over the w/e and try and forget but kinda hard when the discomfort feels very real.....

thanks again
E xx

miss diagnosis
09-05-08, 19:27
dont worry i get things in my mouth all the time. try corsodal gel to rub on ur gums