PDA

View Full Version : IBS Question!!!!

kazzie
08-05-08, 21:35
Hi All:)

Some tima ago I was diagnosed with IBS:blush:

I have buscopan tablets for it and painkillers but have allergic reaction to the painkillers so cant take them:ohmy:

Anyhow I will cut to the chase......when I have a bad flare up like today one of the worst symptoms is retching and vomiting.....but tonight I started retching and got an awful pain in my tummy:ohmy:

I wasent sick and the pain went off.....has anyone else had this????

Also my IBS isent food related purely stress....again anyone else like this:shrug:

Any advice etc appreciated:hugs:

Kaz x x x:hugs:

diane07
08-05-08, 21:41
hi kaz,

me and my daughter both have ibs, the pain from your stomach is caused by the retching, its over exertion from the stomach muscles. certainly nothing to worry about, thats why your pain eventually left.

my ibs is through stress my daughters is through food tolerance.

Hope this has helped.

Di xx

kazzie
08-05-08, 21:47
Thanks Diane:hugs:

Dident cross my mind it could be that and I was violently sick with it last night as well:blush:

diane07
08-05-08, 21:55
kaz,

its a damn nuisance ibs it eventually caused my agoraphobia, as i didn't want to go anywhere, however as all of a sudden it comes it can all of a sudden leave you, i did find however my diet doesn't help, once i stopped eating anything rich, anything spicy, it slowed down, i still get it but not as bad, but my stomach is often very very sore afterwards.

Di xx

yorkylover
08-05-08, 23:20
I get terrible pains with mine,really bad spasms.I also have a dairy intolerance,and that doesn't help.I find a cup of warm water helps the spasms.:hugs:

maddie
09-05-08, 01:01
Hi. You might find this site useful. It has plenty of clear practical advice on how diet & stress effect IBS as well as much more reliable information.

http://digestive.niddk.nih.gov/ddiseases/pubs/ibs/

jesse08
09-05-08, 08:37
My symptoms come back when I am stressed as I have been recently. I get very very bloated, uncomfortable and it takes a while to go. It does go though. I find drinking water slowly can sometimes help.

happyone
09-05-08, 11:37
Hi Kaz,
I was diagnosed with it years ago, purely and utterly as a result of stress. I would get the most horrific abdominal pains and got anti spasmodic medication for it. Painkillers didn't work for me cos it didn't stop the spasms.

However, a good thing was it more or less went away! Not completely, I still when confronted with an unexpected stress have to visit a bathroom almost immediately (TMI:blush: ) but I think for me, when I accepted the reason for my pain was spasms in my gut, I was able to live with it so it became less, if you see what I mean:wacko:

Happyone

kazzie
09-05-08, 12:57
Thanks Everyone:hugs:

It has calmed down today thank god:yesyes:

Still no appetite but I guess that will come back!!

Have a good weekend all:D