PDA

View Full Version : High Blood Pressure caused by P.a's

tt
04-04-05, 23:19
I have been in quite a frenzy lately over my fast heart beat and pounding heart, breathless, and now because I am having a women problem with abnormal bleeding. Last week I managed to get my bp up to 170/107. Today at work, I was worried about the bleeding and well I went to check my Bp because we have a Pharmacy in our store and sure enough it was 148/90. My heart rate was 103. I have to stop this.
I am sure that if high blood pressure is not healthly in it self then surely
during our attacks and anxiety that lasts for hours or days, we must sit with high blood pressure. Is this bad for our health??

I am at the level of anxiety that picking up my purse makes my heart race like a horse. The very thought of exercising makes my heart race and I haven't left the finish line.
I would like to ask if anyone would like to work with me and we can challenge each other with something small that could possibly help us get over one of our fears. If someone else worries about heart rate, we could do it together and let each other know the process. More than one would be great!

Sorry to go on, but I have had enough and want to enjoy like without High Blood pressure. If I have a health problem, I don't want to have a heart attack just because I needed a hystorectomy.

TT:)

della
05-04-05, 00:55
HI t.t

Sorry to hear that your so upset i used to have the same problem, however if you have been check by your doctor and told that this is anxiety related then a little exercise will help you ..you could also try slow deep breathing techniques that will help you to relax, and in doing so this will lower your blood pressure and settle the thumping heart.

take care:)

seh1980
05-04-05, 10:36
hello TT,

Unfortunately exercise along with relaxation techniques are exactly what will help your BP and heart rate. I was always scared of doing exercise in cause I had a panic attack and have just started going for a bike ride every other day. I find it a lot less claustophobic than being in a gym..

Sarah :D

Meg
05-04-05, 13:47
tt,

We can all get peaked blood pressure which is too high but those momentary numbers are not of long term great consequence as they are so labile and change minute to minute.

Establish what your real at rest blood pressure is and whether you need to do anything about it .

Of course it's not good to have it extra high many times a day or for long periods of time so its good that you're trying to get it under control.

I would start this by not getting it checked at all whilst you're anxious. Seeing it high will only make the anxiety worse which will further fuel the high blood pressure. You and BigHenry can help each other keep away from the dreaded machines..

Take up relaxation as your new sport and get youself a series of relaxation CD's, yoga and tai chi classes and videos and follow them .

Once you have learnt how to breathe out anxiety and breathe in relaxation, then you can start with proper exercise ....

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

bighenry
05-04-05, 14:57
Hi tt,

Yep, I wouldn’t recommend buying a BP monitor (I did, then I couldn’t leave home without the b****y thing) – if you have seen your doctor and he says it’s fine, then I’m quite sure it is.

I had the same concerns when I developed GAD – really scared of swimming, which I used to love, in case I had a heart attack. I took it easy – building up very gently from a few lengths to a few tens of lengths, which helped me get over my fears. And from my (brief) period of use with the wrist BP monitor, I found that during gentle exercise my BP rose very little (less than when I was anxious), and following exercise it was much lower than normal for quite some time. From what I’ve read, persistent exercise will permanently lower blood pressure.

I too found that breathing and relaxation techniques very effectively lower your BP and heart rate so, like Meg says, this seems like a good bet before embarking on an exercise program.

A heart rate of 103 is nothing to worry about, by the way – during strenuous exercise, it can go up to 180+. My heart rate used to regularly exceed 100 when I was a bit anxious, so it’s really nothing unusual.

Take care,
Henry

tt
05-04-05, 15:59
thanks guys,

linjane
05-04-05, 17:11
Hi TT

If you have read any of my posts, you will know I constantly worry about my heart.....and everything everyone has said on here is exactly right and I can't really add anything to it....

Except, at last I have bought a Relaxation Cd (hypnotherapy called Complete Relaxation) and so far I have used it three times. Guess what, I actually do feel calmer!!! Is this a coincidence...I don't know...but I like it!!!! My heart isn't pounding, I am still getting the odd missed beat, but they're not as scary, so it has got to be worth a try. My reason for not excercising is if haven't got much spare time (except the time I use to come on hereLOL!!) but that is my next step, I must make more time for exercise.

PM me if you need to, compare notes if you want to, but please at least try the relaxation stuff and try to stick to it.

Good luck,
Love, Linda.x

Beeny
05-04-05, 20:21
Hello TT,

I am just like you, and for a while I really obsessed about my heart beat. I still have to lie in bed on my back so I don't hear my heart beat through my ears. Anyway, for three years now I have been suffering with anxiety which involves the above fear and I get palpitations, mood swings etc., and yes like you I couldn't exercise for fear of keeling over - this will make you laugh, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of a boyfriend, coz I couldn't face having rumpy pumpy in case something untoward happened to me in the middle of it! Anyway, there was a special offer a local gym and I decided to join and, yes initially it was scary but I just started really slowly and now I am actually jogging (slowly) for nearly half a mile on the treadmill (0.4-0.45). Maybe that's what you should start doing, just walk at a comfortable pace (3.5) on the treadmill (3 times a week) and then push yourself to walk a little faster after a couple of weeks and just keep pushing yourself gently- I tried to explain in your previous posts what happens to your heart rate and blood pressure during/after exercise. TT I hereby challenge you to get on the treadmill, and my return challenge is to actually jog half a mile.

Take care hon,

Beeny

tt
06-04-05, 12:46
thanks everyone and Beeney you are challenged.

Beeny
12-04-05, 19:04
tt,

I managed to jog half a mile at the speed of 4.5 (whatever that is - but not very fast). Anyway, I hope you have plucked up the courage to visit the gym again.

ttfn

Beeny

Rebecca
28-04-05, 04:50
I always worry about my heart race....I hate it....It is always feeling soooooooo fast.....I wanna overcome this.

Feel free to email me at....dreamer8969@cs.com

[^][^][^][^]

Rebecca

Meg
28-04-05, 09:37
It may feel fast but it may actually be a good rate.. either way you are stil her to tell the tale so it must be fine .

Have you had it checked out by your doctor ?

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

brelba
13-11-08, 18:53
I

nickieb
13-11-08, 21:16
My BP increased to 172/101 when i was at my most stressed with HA. It is now with normal range for my age etc..

If you relax it will come down

rahul
26-10-13, 12:54
U guys are really helpful. God bless u all....:bighug1: